Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Cheaper by the Dozen

Has anyone seen Cheaper by the Dozen yet? I saw it yesterday and it was pretty good. I give it 7/10 Stars

Premise: When Tom Baker (Martin) gets a job offer to coach football at Northwestern University in Chicago, he and his wife, Mary (Hunt), move to the big city, which is a big change for them and their 12 children, who range from preschool-age twins Kyle and Nigel all the way up to 22-year-old Anne (Perabo) who has already left home. With the recent publication of her long-in-the-works book, Mary feels demands outside the home taking away as much time as Tom's new job does, so the two are forced to try to find new ways of parenting their massive tribe, but they find their parenting styles aren't always completely compatible... (Welling plays the oldest son; Duff plays one of the middle daughters; 5-year-old identical twins Brent and Shane Kinsman play the "twin terrors", Kyle and Nigel.)

MPAA Rating: PG (for language and some thematic elements)

Distributor: 20th Century Fox

I guess I am the only one on the board that remembers seeing the original - I was a child.  I remember the dad was an efficiency expert.  I may rent it but I'm never crazy about remakes

Come to think of it I do remember this title from years gone by, I don't really remember the movie though.

I guess I am the only one on the board that remembers seeing the original - I was a child.  I remember the dad was an efficiency expert.  I may rent it but I'm never crazy about remakes

Come to think of it I do remember this title from years gone by, I don't really remember the movie though.

Me too, I remember the title but not the film. Not sure if I ever saw the original but I am sure we're going to see this remake, it has got Steve Martin starring and we almost never miss one one his films.

Me too, I remember the title but not the film. Not sure if I ever saw the original but I am sure we're going to see this remake, it has got Steve Martin starring and we almost never miss one one his films.

For some reason when I remembered the title from years ago another movie popped into my mind as well... Pippi Longstockings :dude: