Sign in to follow this  
jefffitz

A Butlerian Jihad?

Could the Butlerian Jihad begin in the Star Trek universe?

Is it possible if:

1) the Borg took their assimilation to it's logical conclusion

2) Lore was reassembled

3) if the LCARS went crazy (think Richard Daystrom)

Dune started thousands of years after even Crewman Daniels time, so it seems possible to me. If anyone can think of ways to link the two series, or a great reason why they could never coexist, post them here.

Could the Butlerian Jihad begin in the Star Trek universe? 

Is it possible if:

1) the Borg took their assimilation to it's logical conclusion

2) Lore was reassembled

3) if the LCARS went crazy (think Richard Daystrom)

Dune started thousands of years after even Crewman Daniels time, so it seems possible to me.  If anyone can think of ways to link the two series, or a great reason why they could never coexist, post them here.

Have you read the Butlerian Jihad books?

It's an interesting concept but the storys are two very diferent Ideas.

It's been a while since I read the first book so at the moment I'm stuck for ideas but I intend to revisit them very soon

I read the first book of the Butlerian Jihad, it was very different from Frank's Dune. I saw the second book is out now, but I'll wait 'til it comes to the library.

I thought Brian's trilogy of Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino was well thought out and well written, but it didn't jibe with Frank's books. And the "Butlerian Jihad" was a very good book but it was so different from the Dune series as to be in a different genre.

Let me know what you think of the new book. I can't wait to read it but I'm not about to pay $30 for the honor.

All of Brians books are based on the detailed notes left by Frank and all work towards what frank was heading for. Aparantly they all lead to and conclusion to all the books.