Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Buck

I think Star Trek is great!

Actually it is. If I were to say that Enterepise stunk tomorrow would it be considered spam? yes it would. Its not spamming when its written like a normal signiture, only when its 15 lines would be spam or when its very big. For example my signiture it it that big? nope its standard. This is how sites are advertised, this forum is hidden away. Its a dumb thing to do and its a dumb idea. Doesn't invision power board not have a don't show/show siginitures? It does on mine. They should use it if they don't like siginitures. Actually I set a standard of size and stanard of characters and no images. It would be less noticeable.

Actually it is. If I were to say that Enterepise stunk tomorrow would it be considered spam? yes it would. Its not spamming when its written like a normal signiture, only when its 15 lines would be spam or when its very big. For example my signiture it it that big? nope its standard. This is how sites are advertised, this forum is hidden away. Its a dumb thing to do and its a dumb idea. Doesn't invision power board not have a don't show/show siginitures? It does on mine. They should use it if they don't like siginitures. Actually I set a standard of size and stanard of characters and no images. It would be less noticeable.

So you are suggesting that you would rather see signatures done away with completely? Interesting.

As VBG said there are still several correct places to display links, these are the Links Forum and there is also a section in your personal file. Furthermore, this is not the correct place for discussion of the addition to site policy as there is a thread set up devoted to this.

Well, when this issue was brought up to me my first reaction was to turn sugnatures off. The few boards I visit either have no sigs at all or have a strict "No Link Anywhere" policy. If the "No Link" policy is broken the member is warned, break it again and the member is banned.

The way we have it set up, links are still allowed in the proper place.

Of course, if this isn't acceptable we could turn Sigs off and that would solve the issue.

Want a site, rather than a site that tells you what to do?

My site has rules, yes. We don't pride ourseleves at claiming to be perfect, we do not censor signitures, as of next week we do not censor other fan sites. We enjoy Trek, we need members. We are always in need. We are free to join, and you are all welcome to come.

I will not join because you misrepresent this site to promote your own.

This site does not tell me what to do or what to think. People here are not automatons, nor of like opinions, except they all like at least one of the Star Trek series. We have marevelous disagreements here. We have anti-enterprise members here.

What we don't have is the "spam-at-will" crowd, the personal insult crowd, and the self-serving crowd (which includes people who raid for members for their own trek site at sites where the members have already learned how to treat one another with respect, because of the rules of the site they openly criticize.)

I was never a member over there, and I have no intention of becoming one,

I like Enterprise so I'd probally get kicked out from the sounds of it...I like it

here anyways...so no thanks..... :(

I agree with mrskirk....no :(

I was never a member there anyway and I love Enterprise so I'd probally get

kicked out anyway, this place has been a great escape for me I think I'll

just hang around here .....The mods here are the best and I really like the way

things are handled and the atmosphere