Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Asgard class

The following is a starship designed by a startrek fan.

Click for Spoiler:

asgard-variant.jpg

This ships specs are the following.

Click for Spoiler:

Tactical Cruiser

Commissioned: 2378

Unit run: 4, with 4 under construction and more planned

Length: 442m

Crew: 250

Normal cruise warp: 7

Speed: Warp 7 (normal cruise), Warp 9.94 (max. cruise), 9.98 (12 hours)

Armament: 3 Type- XII phaser arrays, 5 Type- X phaser arrays, 1 torpedo turret + 200 quantum torpedoes, 6 pulse-fire torpedo tubes + 900 quantum torpeodes

Defence: auto-modulating, regenerative shield system, 12cm ablative armour, blast shutters for all windows

Auxiliary craft: 3 Type- 11 shuttles

The Asgard-class starship is a direct result of the tumultuous 2370s, and the danger of the Dominion. Essentially, the vessel would be a more larger, more powerful Intrepid, and a newer companion to the Akira. The Asgard project began in 2372, with construction of the prototype USS Asgard beginning in 2375, which incorporated several of the latest technologies.

Despite the end of the war in late 2375, construction continued, and passed the halway point. Delays in the design and construction of the AEaV (Advanced Endurance and Velocity) nacelles set back the project for some time, but the prototype was finally completed in 2377. The USS Asgard officially completed her shakedown runs in 2378, and was the first vessel of the class to be commissioned. It would soon be followed by many others, as the design was fully certified for production. Chief production facilities have been Utopia Planetia and Beta Antares shipyards.

The design is sleek and swept back, with a saucer similar to the Intrepid, and integrated Engineering hull. The nacelles are mounted along the center line by curving pylons. Large Impulse engines mounted at the rear of the saucer provide more than adequate sublight propulsion, and there is also a aft-facing shuttlebay.

Armament is provided by a number of offensive and defensive systems. The Asgard features a number of Type-X and Type-XII phaser arrays, 6 torpedo launchers, and a Quantum torpedo turret. Defense is provided by blast shutters, ablative armor, and a high capacity regenerative shielding system.

It doesn't say how many decks this ship has. I was wondering how many decks you think it is.

I counted 27.

BTW the site that has this info is at Journal of Applied Treknology.

And the page is here. "scroll down to Asgard class."

Please note I didn't make this. I'm not takeing any credit for this.

Edited by thedoctor

I came up with 27 twice and 28 once. I'll count some more times and see what we get.

results so far:

24: 1

26: 1

27: 4

28: 1

29: 2

Edited by thedoctor