Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What Was The "worst" Episode

What is your least favorite episode?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite episode?

• A Night in Sickbay
    • The Seventh
    • Precious Cargo
    • Stigma
    • Terra Nova
    • Vox Sola
    • Fight or Flight
    • Strange New World
    • Other, please post

I picked four episodes from both seasons and tried to pick those for which I had seen a lot of complaints or no mention whatsoever.

I voted for a Night in Sickbay. What little plot this episode had was best suited for one of UPN's sitcoms rather than a drama that is supposed to be for mature people.

hmmm this is a tough one cos really i have never disliked an episode, but i chose 'Terra nova' because it is the only one that i can ever remember looking at my watch in...

Strange New World? Wow, I consider that one of ENT's most underrated episodes. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

A Night in Sickbay takes the prize. Had the director treated it solely as a comedy and not tried to include the "Archer is cranky because he's horny" lesson it might have been passable. Hoshi catching the bat was funny. Phlox's origami bat lure was hysterical, but Archer treated T'Pol so badly in this episode it ticked me off no end. He took the dog to the planet. He knew how touchy the Kretaasens were ahead of time. She was right. He needed to be more concerned with getting a plasma injector and not have taken Porthos planetside in the first place. Are B&B trying to make him look bad? There's inexperience and then there's just plain foolishness. They're all human beings with urges--fine. Why not write a scene wherein Archer confides in his friend of eight years, Trip, his uncomfortable feelings of attraction for his first officer? That would have made sense. That might even have engendered some sympathy.

No, we can't have that. They have him admit it to T'Pol!!! ACKK!!!!! If my boss admitted sexual feelings for me, I'd never feel comfortable around him again. I can't believe they had Archer do that. I like Archer, so it frustrates me no end when he seems like two different people when in the hands of different writers. Sussman and Strong's Archer is confident and in control. Bermaga's Archer? Dumb enough to admit to a subordinate that "sexual tension" exists between them. That was the scene that finally pushed me over the limit where this episode is concerned. Archer isn't that dumb. He just isn't. Then they had the gall to insinuate that his frustrated sexual desire excused his terrible behavior towards T'Pol. :blink: Disgusting. Maybe if Archer and T'Pol had one iota of sexual chemistry I wouldn't have been rolling my eyes.

Terra Nova was pretty bad, but at least they weren't trying to make Archer look incompetent. It's a close second as far as poor episode quality goes.

Now now now now......come on. Be truthful, Vabeachguy. Even a most enthusiastic fan such as yourself must have cringed just a tad when Archer said, "I'll do the breast I can." :laugh: I could not believe it. I just couldn't. I don't remember what happened during the rest of the scene because I kept wondering, "Where's Beavis? I just heard Beavis speak, but he isn't there." :wow:

Now now now now......come on.  Be truthful, Vabeachguy. Even a most enthusiastic fan such as yourself must have cringed just a tad when  Archer said, "I'll do the breast I can."  :laugh: I could not believe it.  I just couldn't.  I don't remember what happened during the rest of the scene because I kept wondering, "Where's Beavis?  I just heard Beavis speak, but he isn't there."  :wow:

Hah...actually I think I fell off the couch when Archer made the breast statement. As non-action oriented as "A Night in Sickbay" was, I don't think I can hate it (or publicly admit it). "The Seventh." It was a lame episode other than the fact that it developed T'Pol's character. Also...it had minimal set use and I didn't really like the surgically altered vulcan either. Dialouge was borrrrrrinngg...zzzzz.

At least "The Seventh" can boast that it sported no boobie jokes. :laugh: I hear what you're saying about it being a bit boring. I remember being peeved that they took the safe route and made Menos guilty after all.

I picked four episodes from both seasons and tried to pick those for which I had seen a lot of complaints or no mention whatsoever.

I voted for a Night in Sickbay.  What little plot this episode had was best suited for one of UPN's sitcoms rather than a drama that is supposed to be for mature people.

How could you choose Vox Sola as worst episode instead of Acquisition or Rouge Planet. Vox Sola was one of the top episodes of that season.

Anyway, I voted for A Night in Sickbay. For season 1, It has to go to that stupid excuse for an episode (Which ended up being just flat out embarrassing) Acquisition.

I don't usually bag Star Trek...but A Night In Sickbay....Yuck!

This episode came in so left of centre that I couldn't see the reason for this episode in the development of the Enterprise World. Why focus on Phlox's grooming habits. I know about tongue scraping but to see one of my fav. characters grooming routine- YUCK - and the supposed sexual tension between T'Pol and Archer.....not the reason why I watch Trek.

Now 'The Seventh' that was a much better episode.

My least favorite episode has to be 'A Night in Sickbay'..Didn't see any reason for there to be sexual tension between T'Pol and Archer..They're Captain and First Officer..And I couldn't believe that Archer confided this to T'Pol..Maybe to his friend Trip but not to T'Pol..I don't totally dislike this episode though..Some of the scenes in sickbay were comical..But, it is my least Fav episode..

"A Night in Sickbay" It was an injustice to give John Billingsley, who I think is the most talented actor on the show, this lame episode to have a large role in. If even he couldn't save it, it must have been even worse than it seemed at the time.

I am going to get boos for this but so far the one I am most disapointed with is the one with the borg. I am sorry the enterprise should have been blown to dust.

I also voted for A Night in Sick Bay. I just did not care for it. I felt for Porthos, though.

I liked The Seventh. I liked Vox Sola. And I liked Terra Nova. In Terrra Nova T'Pol made the comment that the colony could still be there because humans were quite resourceful. I thought this helped make some sense of her decision to stay on Enterprise. Her brief experiences had already convinced her of this particular talent of the human race.

I don't know the name of the episode by heart. It is the episode where Acrcher teached a colony to defend themselves against the Klingons. There was no purpose to the episode, no real theme, no sub textual plot. Nothing. Even Braga admits that this episode is not very well done. Oh and I feel that A Night in Sickbay was great. While it isn't your typical episode, it was comical and I think it was interesting because it did something different. People complain that Enterprise doesn't do anything new. Well I think it does, at times... Edited by Lt. Commander Bolivar

I couldn't vote. It was a toss-up between Night in Sickbay, Precious Cargo and Stigma.

Night in Sickbay--Did care for the sexual tension between Archer and T'Pol

Precious Cargo--Padma Lakshmi's acting as Kaitaama was REALLY bad. I think I could have done better! Her acting was better before Trip found his UT and you couldn't understand her.

Stigma--Although I'm all for social commentary, I felt like TPTB were ramming the AIDS message down my throat and I did not like it!

Even though I thought these episodes are of lesser quality, I still found small aspects to like. When you get down to it, I could probably find something to nit-pik about every episode, just some more than others.

Lt. Commander Bolivar: the title of that episode is Mauraders.

I couldn't vote, I haven't seen an episode I didn't like yet. Even A Night In Sickbay lol

I agree there. All the episode have been great.

I can't say I've ever really disliked any episode of Enterprise.The closest i can come to having a least favorite episode is "A Night In Sickbay". :assimilated:

Other: Civilization.

Whenever I am pawing over all my recorded ENT episodes looking for one to re-watch, Civilization is the only one I stop and think: "There is nothing in that one I want to see again" and move on to something else.