Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

Kobayashi Maru

After just watching TWOK I got to thinking, How did Picard fair in the test, or Sisko or Janway, or most interestingly Data.

Picard at the Academy was not the picard we all know is not the same man we all know, do you think he would have just charged in I think he may have well,

what do you think the other characters did?

Interesting question, I would think the test is likely no longer used in the TWOK form by Picard's time though. I would be curious to know what if anything replaced it or if that test was altered and updated.

That was anouther question I had,

But allso what was the test peramiters Kirk took as the Kobayshi Maru was stranded in the Klingon Nuteral Zone and that was not establishd untill after errond of mercy and the Organian Peace treaty

Stardate:213937.3

I would of liked to see how Data would of done.That would of been intriguing ;)

I would be curious to know what if anything replaced it or if that test was altered and updated.

In Coming of Age Wesley took what he called a "psych test".

Oh my, I can just imagine Data sitting in the Captain's seat after the test had ended contemplating what the test was designed to find out about.

"I do not understand. I am an Android. I do not have a 'character' to be tested."

I'd imagine Worf would take the ship on a suicide run.

I know it's not canon, but there's a great TOS book called Kobayashi Maru (by

Diane Duane, I think). In this book, Kirk, Checkov, Scotty, and a few others are

stranded somewhere (due to a shuttle accident, no doubt). While they are waiting for

a rescue, they all sit around and reminisce about their experiences in the Kobayashi

Maru test. The book was very entertaining, and a bit humorous. The spoiler tells you

how each faired, to the best of my memory:

Click for Spoiler:

Scotty: Took advantage of a known miscalculation in the way the simulator calculated shield strengths to destroy wave after wave of incoming Klingon vessels. Eventually, he ended up going up against 20-30 Klingon ships before finally being overwhelmed.

Checkov: Destroyed the opposing Klingon ship in a Kamikaze manuever by crashing his vessel into it.

Kirk: Reprogrammed the simulation so that the Klingons were scared of him, and didn't want to fight, resulting in a local peace treaty and safe passage. Very funny.