Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Voyager Fans Where Are You?

:) Seems like since UPN took Voyager away, there's not been a lot of topic discussion, or new topics in this forum. I wish there was a way to change this. Voyager will always be my favorite series. I have tried a couple of new posts. But my attempts did not peak much interest......Any ideas fom any other Voyager fans on how to spark a "fire?" :dude:

I believe season 1 of Voyager will be released on DVD in February. As I live in Australia, I will have to wait a while, unless I order it from Amazon, which I probably will because I can't wait to get it!!

Madam Captain out!!

For sake of clarity, VOY technically went off UPN just before ENT premiered. The "five flights a week" syndication deal was sold to individual UPN stations. One by one, the contracts are ending due to DVD releases and such.

Oh, and this fan is in his ready room aboard the Enterpise-E. :dude:

I don't think you can force Voyager at people. Some people will just never like it, but I believe there should be more resources available to the Voyager fans there are. The thing I enoyed about Voyager was the many encounters with Q and the borg.

Actually VOY is my favorite of the series as well; but I haven't seen any of the episodes in a while and it's hard to discuss when they're not fresh in your mind. I know I used to tape them to watch them so I'll have to look at a couple then I can meaningfully discuss them.

I love Voyager, And I remember the night I went into my room to watch Voyager and Becker was on instead. If I had a Phaser I would rush into the UPN office and shoot the place up and make them put it back on!

You've gained another VOY fan today. Just finished watching a couple eps on tape a little while ago.

Unfortunately, it's not aired anytime here. :dude: FOX just stopped its midnight airings last month, so I feel a little withdrawal. Good thing I have the tapes. :dude:

Edited by Ace

I downloaded some Voyager episodes before all the lawsuits happened against downloading sites. I got rid of Kazaa, and a week later, my UPN took Voyager off the air. :dude:

I downloaded some Voyager episodes before all the lawsuits happened against downloading sites. I got rid of Kazaa, and a week later, my UPN took Voyager off the air. :dude:

I have kazaa on my computer, I've had it for a few months now. I had heard about all the lawsuits against downloading sites but what happens if someone discovers I've been downloading stuff for free??? I downloaded a Voyager episode and heaps of songs.

Madam Captain out!!

You have a point Tench745. I too enjoyed the Voyager's encounters with the Borg and Q. I especially enjoyed Q2. This is the episode were Q's son ran amok on Voyager but he soon learned differently when he knew that he had a true friend aboard U.S.S. Voyager.

Actually VOY is my favorite of the series as well; but I haven't seen any of the episodes in a while and it's hard to discuss when they're not fresh in your mind.  I know I used to tape them to watch them so I'll have to look at a couple then I can meaningfully discuss them.

Yes, Voyager is my favorite series too. But I think you hit the needle on the head when you mentioned that it's hard to discuss episodes when you've not seen them in a while............This is the challenge when series end.......Still long live Voyager!! And from time to time, I'm sure fans will bring issues and questions into this forum.

I like Voyager alot (Of course i really like all the Star Trek shows equally). Unfortunetly they don't show any Voyager reruns where I live even on UPN. Luckly I taped a bunch of episodes back when the show was on, but I would love to see the other episodes I don't have again.

I do get DS9 reruns on Fox and TNG reruns on Spike TV so that helps calm my Star Trek addiction.

hi, voyager has to be my favourite series, with strong female charaters and interesting story lines, it no 1 to me

Yes , what you have voiced here is why Voyager became my favorite series........which may also give me some thoughts about new topics for this forum. :spock:

Edited by Gotabite

I agree too - I think that Voyager had some really good character development.

Although I also thought that the way they got rid of Kes was poor.

Yeah, they could have made Kes's departure a bit more involving, I know it happened over a few epsiodes, but it just kinda happened without warning and then she was gone, It was good how she returned later on though even if it was just for one episode

Edited by Cramase

I personally love VOY (disreguard the name- a friend of mine klepto'd VOYfreek302 just to tick me off). Good Captain, cute XO, vulcan-ish vulcan... the works. I guess the best way to get VOY convos up is to wait for the DVDs, or just keep the topics flowing. I agree, we need to keep VOY alive!

Yeah, what's the deal with that? She gets turned into pure energy when she leaves, and she comes back as normal later on.

Surely her 'evolution' allowed her to break from the standard Ocampan aging process? Why did she re-form herself as an old woman? I thought Non-Corporeal life forms have long lifespan... Edited by Cramase

I suppose that would explain how Kes could make herself go back in time, and look younger at the same time. But, this is all speculation.

Voyager is my favorite series. my upn affiliate took it off in sept. i was ticked off to find another show in it's place i think becker. i am looking forward to the dvd next month it comes out on the 24th 3 days before my b-day and i am planning to buy myself an early present. i only got the final episodes and the first two taped because my station constantly pre-empted voyager for baseball.

i enjoyed voyager's encounter with the borg. the borg are my favorite villains.

the only way i've kept thinking about voyager is by watching my tapes, reading the few voyager novels i have, buying stuff on ebay especially scripts, dressing like janeway for halloween, and much much more..

tm

I didn't mind so much how they got rid of Kes... what I found so heartbreaking was the episode when she returned! When she left the first time, she was so full of hope and there was such promise for her future, so it was really sad to see that all those years since since she left were so terrible for her. :laugh: And that she blamed Janeway for it (it's been a few years since I saw the episode, so maybe I'm getting it wrong)-- she had changed so much, it was really depressing.