Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Captain Benjamin Maxwell

I was thinking about Captain Benjamin Maxwell from the Wounded today and I had an idea. Could he have had any possible connection to the Maquis? I assume he was put in prison after he was relieved of command but maybe he broke out and joined the Maquis due to his hatred of the Cardassians. Perhaps, he even helped to found the Maquis, if he broke out in time.

Or maybe he was released and returned to command during the Dominion War. The Federation probably needed officers who could fight the Cardassians.

Does anyone have any other theories about Ben Maxwell. Sure he didn't play a large role but I think it is interesting to wonder what happened to him as the Cardassians were his personal enemy and they later became an enemy for all the Federation.

I don't think he broke out of prison or anything like that, though he could have become an inspriation for the Maquis and I'm sure his loyalties would have been given to them if he were not in prison.

I don't think he broke out of prison or anything like that, though he could have become an inspriation for the Maquis and I'm sure his loyalties would have been given to them if he were not in prison.

I agree. I think that he would have thought it his duty to serve whatever prison sentence was handed to him by Starfleet. But I do think that he could have been an inspiration to the Maquis members.

I think it's a definite possibility. He's the kind of person the Maquis could and would want. A star fleet Captain. I would be hard for star fleet to keep that from getting out.

Ben Maxwell was misguided for a time, but I'm certain that O'brien was able to make him understand things more clearly. Because Maxwell came to a realization he handed over command of him ship and returned to Earth for his court martial. I guarantee that he would serve out his sentence, because he is at the core an honourable man. O'brien could not admire him if he wasn't.

It was definitly an excellent episode. Releasing him to fight the Cardasians presents a dilema. How would you feel if your captain was just released from the slammer? I'm not sure if he would be fit to command a Federation vessel ever again.