Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Smiley

Computer Question

Okay,this is weird...

Someone has registered a user account on my computer (which is impossible since nobody uses the computer except for me...)

I only just noticed this when I went to my control panel a few moments ago to change my account avatar.

It said "ASP.NET Machine A" (limited account/password protected).This new account was listed beside my own (my own being the only user account that has ever been on my PC).

Does anybody know what this is that's happening?

I know that that account was never on my computer before now.

I have a feeling that I should delete the account immediately...but since I don't know much about computers,I'm don't know if I should.

Edited by Captain_Smiley

ASP.NET....hm, Captain, do you do any web design??? cause thats what ASP.net is...if you dont, delete it - if you have never done web design, then you may have been hacked, and i recommend that you get Norton AntiVirus or Mcaffe or something....

Dont take me as god about this tho, contact a techy at a shop.....it should be free advice.

Well,I held my breath and deleted the account....

so far nothing has happened.

I've never heard of ASP.NET before,and don't know a thing about web design.

I have Norton Anti-Virus.

Thanks for the help. :hat:

Can you answer a few questions?

What Operating system are you running?

I internet information service (IIS) installed?

Do you have a .net passport?

do you have/use MSN explorer?

I have just checked on my system and I have the same thing.

I don't know what it is at this time but I'm pretty good at finding info and the two possabilitys is that its ether IIS or something to do with .net passport.

it is supposed to be there I am trying to fined out why and what happens when it's not.

It sounds like a hacker is at work. Get yourself a good firewall, such as the freeware version of Zone Alarm from www.zonelabs.com

Then use a good spyware eliminator, such as Spybot-Search and Destroy or AdAware. Those are, also, freeware, and do a very good job of eliminating trojans and junkware.

A great virus scanner is The Cleaner from www.moosoft.com It is updated on a twice weekly basis, and is a $20 shareware app, with free updates for as long as you want.

It sounds like a hacker is at work. Get yourself a good firewall, such as the freeware version of Zone Alarm from www.zonelabs.com

Then use a good spyware eliminator, such as Spybot-Search and Destroy or AdAware. Those are, also, freeware, and do a very good job of eliminating trojans and junkware.

A great virus scanner is The Cleaner from www.moosoft.com It is updated on a twice weekly basis, and is a $20 shareware app, with free updates for as long as you want.

It's nothing to do with hackers.

Its is a Microsoft .net protacol.

but the MSDN documentation is a little unclear about what it's for