Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Help me with feedback

ok so im thinking of getting a tv tuner card...ive heard that they can be used in place of TiVo for those of u in the states....but id just like to hear some real user feedback before i chose one from the 50 on the market...some things i have some questions, if anyone knows...is it fully compatible with digital cable? what format are the files stored if i record them to my HD? how much space would they take??

thanks

dt

The only one I would ever recommend you get is the All In Wonder. ATI has the best on the market. I just upgraded from the All In Wonder Pro 128 to the All In Wonder Radeon 8500. I haven't used any of the record functions yet becasue I'm waiting for a cable that I had to order but I have seen some DVD's that my brother has made with his (he recorded Survivor on his computer then transfered that to a DVD) and it looks great.

Check out EBay when you are ready to buy, I got this one there for $85

The only one I would ever recommend you get is the All In Wonder. ATI has the best on the market. I just upgraded from the All In Wonder Pro 128 to the All In Wonder Radeon 8500. I haven't used any of the record functions yet becasue I'm waiting for a cable that I had to order but I have seen some DVD's that my brother has made with his (he recorded Survivor on his computer then transfered that to a DVD) and it looks great.

bottom line... u can use it like tivo right? i dont have to be home to decide whether to record or not?

bottom line... u can use it like tivo right? i dont have to be home to decide whether to record or not?

The ATI All in Wonder can be used like a TiVO with one thing to remember, make sure you have a big enough hard drive, 80 gigs or better. Video files take up a lot of storage space on your hard drive.

The ATI All in Wonder can be used like a TiVO with one thing to remember, make sure you have a big enough hard drive, 80 gigs or better. Video files take up a lot of storage space on your hard drive.

When I use the "Tivo" function it doesn't seem to use a whole lot of space. The drive I use for the video file usually only has a couple of gigs of free space too. But if you want to record more then a few hours of video then yes, be sure to have a good amount of space free.

i got a few hard drives laying around so i think ill set up another 30gig slave as temp storage for stuff that i record... btw is it in mpeg format or can i have it in divx/avi as it will save more space