Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Survivor - Could you do it?

Could you go on Survivor and be a contestant? I've recently been downloading episodes of all of the various seasons of Survivor. I haven't seen a complete season yet but I have begun to think it would be a great experience.

Would I be the sole survivor? I doubt it, but my strategy would be to try to make it to the jury, then you will at least be there (where ever they are) for the entire show. You get to come back every 3 days and in the end are one of the 7 most important people on the show. I would of course want to make it all the way for the Million Dollars but you have to set goals and the first goal would have to be to try to make it to that point in the show where you are a jury member, then go from there.

What about anyone else, have you ever thought about trying to do it? What are your thoughts on how you'd play the game?

I know I could do it. I have no problem with the elements. I love physical challenges. I think my strategy would be to lay pretty low, not make any enemys, but at the same time really integrate in to the social structure. I would try to kick but on the challenges to try to help my team win. I do have two issues though, one with sharks and another with eating things like bugs, brains, those shakes....ick I dont think I could do that.

In watching some of the other shows I think Rob from Survivor 6 played the best game in terms of controlling the social aspect. He didn't win the Million Dollars but came very close. The only problem with how he played was all of the deception. He kind of painted himself into a corner by the end of the 39 days. He was pretty well in control through most of the show it seemed though.

Me? On Survivor? No way!! My idea of camping is in an RV with heat, a stove, a soft bed and electricity for my computer!! I'm totally NOT an outdoors girl.

I totally agree with Mrs. Kirk :bag:

We had a similar TV show here, it was based on the "Survivor" concept. I watched it and I knew: Never in a million years will I do something like that what they have done there... :rolleyes:

I'm not an outdoor girl either. :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I would love to try but I know that I am so out of shape that I would not be able to do the chalenges. I am an eagle scout so I do know some stuff and I would love to try but I bet I would not pass the phyical.

No, I could not do Survivor. I am a former girl scout, so I like camping. I just could not do all the scheming and manipulating, and I don't think I am up to doing many of those challenges.

No, not for me!

No,  I could not do Survivor. I am a former girl scout, so I like camping. I just could not do all the scheming and manipulating, and I don't think I am up to doing many of those challenges.

No, not for me!

For $1,000,000.00 I could scheme and manipulate with no problem lol. You just have to go into it knowing that it's a game and the point of the game is to make sure the others don't vote you off the Island and all is fair.

The next time they are taking applicants I just might send in a tape.

No,  I could not do Survivor. I am a former girl scout, so I like camping. I just could not do all the scheming and manipulating, and I don't think I am up to doing many of those challenges.

No, not for me!

For $1,000,000.00 I could scheme and manipulate with no problem lol. You just have to go into it knowing that it's a game and the point of the game is to make sure the others don't vote you off the Island and all is fair.

If you were selected for the next Survivor, VBG, I would watch it and root for you, but no way would I myself want to play this game! Not for a million dollars! It is just not my personality.

No, not for me!

If you were selected for the next Survivor, VBG, I would watch it and root for you, but no way would I myself want to play this game! Not for a million dollars! It is just not my personality.

I figured if I ever got on the show I'd make sure I wore a tee shirt that has STARTREKFANS.NET across the front in large letters the whole time I was on the island lol.

I would be able to do such a contest if it were a private thing, but I would never subject myself to such public scrutiny under those circumstances. Think about all the really stupid people on that show. When people meet them they will already have formed their opinions of them based on the show. It could be the difference between not landing a phone number from a girl or even not getting an interview for a job. The "fame" or the chance of getting the money simply is not worth the chance of ruining your reputation due to tricky editing.