Sign in to follow this  
master_q

More ENT Interviews

Jolene Blalock (T’Pol) Comments

“I'd like to see the writers readdress [the ramifications of] 'Shadows of P'Jem'," Blalock told Star Trek Monthly's Ian Spelling (via Sci-Fi Pulse). "If the Vulcan High Command is superior and all-powerful and there's an element of it that is corrupt, I think that needs to be addressed. Right now, it's been put on the shelf for quite some time. I'd really like a chance to address that again, but I don't get much input. The writers are completely capable and they have a vision of where they're going.”

Referring to the episode “Stigma

“T'Pol is a responsible person and she's capable of taking responsibility for the role she played in the act [of contracting her illness]. So it's, 'This is where we're at and let's deal with the situation head on.' I completely agree with taking out the sympathy factor. [...] We are fallible, and we get diseases like AIDS. People need to get beyond shunning others and really just let someone in. Some of that, I hope, is addressed in 'Stigma'.”

“As of now I'm still ill, and that's good. This isn't a storyline that should be wrapped up in one episode. It's not a story where everyone lives happily ever after and moves on.”

For more go to:

Interview

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

John Fleck (Silik) Interview

In the recent edition of Starburst Magazine John Fleck revealed some of his insights about Silik the Suliban to David Waldon.

John Fleck is by no means a house hold name when it comes to acting in mainstream television, but to genre and Star Trek fans his acting credits our verging on legendary. Much like Jeff Combs he is credited with having played a role in every modern day Star Trek series to date. The role of Silik is just the latest in a long list of roles that the Actor has played, but it is the role of Silik which has been somewhat of a break out role for the 52 year old actor.

Thus far to date, Silik has appeared in five episodes of Star Trek Enterprise, and the actor is confident that we the viewers will more than likely see more of the Suliban very soon. "I Presume they will call me eventually 'cause they haven't killed him off," Fleck told the magazine. "And they've got to use him somewhere down the line."

As noted Fleck has played many roles in genre TV, and has been a pretty consistent character actor for the last 4 Star Trek series, Fleck is very grateful for all the opportunities that Star Trek has given him, and is not afraid to admit it. "I'm real grateful to those guys," He says about his varied Star Trek roles. "It's fun playing all these different characters."

Many a Star Trek Guru could have fun Quizzing Fleck about the various roles he has played, and the actor would admittedly find it quite difficult to reveal the many different roles that he has played during his time in the Star Trek Franchise. "I played a Romulan a couple of times, and I played a Cardassian, and a couple of races that were kind of new ones," he says. "I don't even know if they brought them back again. Geez, I can't even remember their names."

Recently the bulk of John Flecks Star Trek work has been centred around Silik the Suliban, who is Flecks first recurring role in any of the Star Trek shows. Because of Silik being somewhat of a recurring character, Fleck has more to work with than he would if he was portraying a one off Alien of the week role, and he truly relishes the challenge.

"You get more of a history, and it just becomes, at least for me as an actor, more of a fully fleshed character," Says Fleck. How has he developed Silik? "Silik basically wants to be ruler of the universe and he has sold his soul to these temporal Time travellers to have all this power. And if he doesn't succeed in his mission, he gets his powers taken away. But with Archer, he's the only one that I somewhat admire and respect. The relationship with Archer has become more intimate. But it's a game, a cat - and - mouse kind of thing. I try to prove who's the more superior, and he always seems to win for some reason."

During the time that Fleck has not been pestering Archer and the crew aboard Enterprise, he has been portraying other various genre roles. His most notable role of late is as 'The Snake Man' in the HBO series 'Carnivale'. This role has far more demand on the actor than Silik the Suliban does when it comes down to make up. But the actor is not one to complain, and is very much used to suffering for his art.

"It's about four hours for the face and hands," Fleck reveals. "And occasionally I've had to do full - body make - up where I wear a loincloth, and that was 10 - and - a - half hours." Ironically, those full make - up days as the Snakeman Geko were usually his lightest moments in terms of actual workload. "For something like that they'll schedule you for the last shot of the day," he says. "[You come in at] 3:30 in the morning and then you figure, 10 hours later, you're ready to go say your one line and then, 'Thank you', and then you're two hours out of it."

Thus far on the few occasions that Fleck has had to don the complete body make - over, he has been given the personal treatment from all on the set, and he even has his own trailer. "They put me on a table, and there are three guys gluing my butt," he says with a laugh. "You get real comfortable with each other real fast."

Although at present Enterprise has altered course for the Expanse, Fleck is confident that the producer will eventually revert back to the Temporal Cold War story line, and when they do he will not hesitate to reprise the role of Silik if he is asked. You can read the complete version of this interview in issue 303 for Starburst magazine which is out now in all good newsagents.

--Scifipulse http://scifipulse.net/Trek%20Archive/Octob...John_Fleck.html

Master Q

ENT Interviews

Connor Trinneer

"This year is definitely the shift," said Connor Trinneer of Trip Tucker's development on Star Trek: Enterprise. "For a couple of years, he was the good ol' boy, foot-in-mouth kind of guy. I'm really excited about the change."

Speaking to Star Trek Monthly (via ConnorTrinneer.com), the actor said that Tucker's loss of his sister would drive his motivations for much of the show's third season.

"He suffered a great emotional loss and is having trouble dealing with it," Trinneer said, adding that because Jolene Blalock's T'Pol has considerable emotional control, "they begin to form a connection. That may or may not evolve into something a little more interesting."

The set for the new season, Trinneer said, feels "like the first day back at school. These people are my friends...I think everybody gets excited to come back to work." He described the cast as a bit more focused now that the crew has a specific mission in tracking the Xindi.

Of last season's episodes, Trinneer particularly recalled "Cogenitor", calling it "quite well done" and expressing appreciation for the fact that Tucker had to suffer the consequences of his actions in the story.

"I thought [it] was important for the dimensions of Trip Tucker that there was some responsibility there, and he did have to think twice sometimes and not just fly off the handle," he said.

Asked about his favourite stunts, the actor cited a dive that wasn't shown onscreen and the rappelling from "The Breach", "because I know how to do that and to rappel for a couple of days was a hoot."

For more, including Trinneer's plans to direct and his pride when he hears his own voice in his character's scripts, read the complete interview here. The original article appears in the November issue of Star Trek Monthly.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/181003_03.shtml

Master Q

Interesting to read. This didn't get a lot of attention the first time around so I'll bump it now.

I would like to see more of the Vulcans like we saw in P'Jem, see their militaristic side and how they get over their fear of the Andorians.

Guest Actor Matt Winston Talks

Matt Winston Talks Time Twisting Talent of Playing 'Crewman Daniels'

By Steve Krutzler / 09:15, 3 January 2004 / Enterprise

Click Here

Master Q

"Manny Coto Talks About His Enterprise Odyssey"

Source SciFiPulse

9 January 2004

By Ian M. Cullen

Click Here

Trinneer Gives Some Insight into the Trip/T'Pol Relationship