Sign in to follow this  
edmcgon

NFL Coach of the Year

Who is the NFL's Coach of the Year?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFL's Coach of the Year?

• Dick Vermeil(Chiefs)
    • Bill Parcells(Cowboys)
    • Marvin Lewis(Bengals)
    • John Fox(Panthers)
    • Andy Reid(Eagles)
    • Brian Billick(Ravens)
    • Bill Belichick(Patriots)
    • Other(please specify)

Which coach did the best job in the NFL this year? I think any of the coaches I have listed in the poll are viable candidates.

(Please stop me from cursing) Vermeil has the Chiefs playing the best of any team in the league.

Bill Parcells has made the Cowboys winners with what most experts would agree is a team with very little talent.

Marvin Lewis has turned the Bengals around. (That might make him coach of the decade!) ;)

John Fox has the Panthers playing solid football. They may be the best team in the NFC at this point.

Andy Reid? I think most casual fans would have a hard time naming any Eagles players aside from McNabb. Yet they are in first place in their division.

Brian Billick started the season with a rookie QB starting. The Ravens have a legit chance to win their division. You have to give some credit to coaching under those circumstances.

As for Bill Belichick, you only have to watch the Patriots play to appreciate the fine job he does. That team is usually well-prepared for anybody. And Belichick's play-calling is masterful.

I will select my pick in a few weeks. Just thought I would throw this out for anyone who already has an opinion.

As an Eagles fan I'd dearly love to see Andy get it again this year, but I'd much rather see him with a big fat ring on his finger and not coaching the Pro-Bowl this year.

I think Marvin Lewis has to be a real contender for it, the Beangles haven't had a winning season in 13 years and look what he's done with them. Whilt it's likely true that a casual fan couldn't name an Eagle other then DMac that same casual fan likely didn't even know that Cincy had a pro team ;)

Marvin Lewis gets my vote. The Bengals will win that division....See my next two posts in the NFL section...Polls for AFC, and NFC teams in the Superbowl.

I finally decided on Bill Belichick. Considering the Patriots' success, plus their minimal talent level, they HAVE to be the best-coached.

Edited by edmcgon