Sign in to follow this  
amitabhverma8

Q to Rescue (Possibilties of bringing back Q )

Q is one of those character who really brings really the real challanges to TNG crew as he was in the starting episode and in the last episode of the TNG generation series. Q is bring those ultimate formidable challanges and situation which TNG crew always seeks to explore. as we all know the introduction to borg. which almost made captain to beg for Q help and in the last episode Q challanges the very nature of temporal prime directives and gives the crew the chance to understand the true meaning of universe by giving the theory of "PARADOX". not only that the comic, the intrigue and mystery comes from the Q is impecable. so i totally agree that he Should be given a chance in the next movie and please do that also because in whole next generation their is not single movie on Q. not only that as you all remember Q told picard in the last episode THE TRIAL HAS NOT ENDED in all the good things episode. finally he is also a good friend of Commander Data who saved his life once. he can also play a role in bringing him back.i am going to say these word in Last ---- its Q TO RESCUE :-). what are you view regarding this please enlighten Us. show he given a chance in the next movie.

Q is a great TV character, but I don't want to see him with a centric role in a movie. If he was the central focus, what's the point? He could snap his fingers to fix the problem and send everyone home.

I have an idea for a VOY movie, featuring the return of Kes, with Q as her mentor. This is an idea of how Q could be in the movies without turning off the general audience and making the plot "solvable in a snap". :dude:

I have an idea for a VOY movie, featuring the return of Kes, with Q as her mentor.  This is an idea of how Q could be in the movies without turning off the general audience and making the plot "solvable in a snap".

That would be good. I'd love for Kes to com back. She wouldn't be anything like she was before, but it would still be great.

Q has never been the center of a story but more the reason for it. I feell that Q invokes such a passion from fans not for what he dose as a character but what he brings out in the characters we love. He works so well because when he turns up we get to see the best our faveorites have to offer.

you have stolen words out of my mouth you are absolutely right Q is definately and ultimately one of those flawless character which challanges the minds of human species which always seems to be so hard and always very dangerous. likely the solution to the problem is so simple and yet we look the whole universe for the answer and the answer is infront of it. Q is always one of those Entity which brings such wonderful challanges to human life and Question the True Nature of Universe.

you have stolen words out of my mouth you are absolutely right Q is definately and ultimately one of those flawless character which challanges the minds of human species which always seems to be so hard and always very dangerous. likely the solution to the problem is so simple and yet we look the whole universe for the answer and the answer is infront of it. Q is always one of those Entity which brings such wonderful challanges to human life and Question the True Nature of Universe.

I think you're giving Q too much credit. ;)

I always thought that Q should have been in the Nexus (sp?) in Star Trek Generations and not Whoopie Goldberg. I liked Guinan and all, but I just think it would have been a lot more interesting with Q.

I kind of agree with folks not wanting make Q the central focus of a movie or even the main bad guy. But he would make for a very intriguing fly in the ointment so to speak for the TNG crew to deal with.

And as for all this nonsense about bringing Kes back .... how could they do that? Wasn't her life expectancy about 9 years? Surely she's dead by now. :dude:

Yes, I'd love to see Q return, but give him a background role.

As for Kes, we saw a group of Ocampans living with the female Caretaker, Susperria, who lived to be in there teens. After the transformation Kes went through, who knows how long she'll live. For all we know, she only looked old becuase of her bitter state of mind.