Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight DS9

Season: 5

Episode No: 507

Episode Name: The Ascent

Written by Written By: Ira Steven Behr & Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Original Air Date: 11-25-1996

Nog and Jake are moving in together and Captain Sisko is unsure this is such a good idea. More a matter of fatherly home sickness rather then concern for his son's wellbeing though. When Nog arrives after his first year at Starfleet Academy he is very disciplined and eager to prove to Captain Sisko that he will do a good job.

PDVD_110.JPG

Will this clash with Jake, who is on his own for the first time in his life?

Meanwhile Odo has been ordered to take Quark to appear before a Federation Grand Jury on Infernia Prime. The Trip will take 8 days to arrive so Quark and Odo will have plenty of time to get to know each other better. Quark even tries to get Odo to play a quick game of Fisbin.

On the way they run into some "problems" which cause them to crash land on a planet that can barely sustain life. So with little food, no water and near freezing conditions these 2 adversaries must rely on each other to survive.

PDVD_019.JPG

PDVD_026.JPG

Click for Spoiler:

PDVD_078.JPGPDVD_079.JPG

PDVD_081.JPGPDVD_086.JPG

PDVD_095.JPG

Cast:

Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko

Rene Auberjonois as Odo

Michael Dorn as Worf

Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax

Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Armin Shimerman as Quark

Alexander Siddig as Julian (Doctor) Bashir

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

I enjoy this episode, and even more after hearing Rene A. talk about how much he enjoyed it. The scenery is spectacular when they're in the mountains.

After years of sharing a room with my sister, I think the portrayal of Jake and Nog clashing is VERY believable. And both of them are such jerks to each other! Pique, anyone? :eek:

I enjoy this episode, and even more after hearing Rene A. talk about how much he enjoyed it.  The scenery is spectacular when they're in the mountains.

After years of sharing a room with my sister, I think the portrayal of Jake and Nog clashing is VERY believable.  And both of them are such jerks to each other!  Pique, anyone? :eek:

I completely agree about the mountains. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything more beautiful in another Star Trek then what was in that episode. That mountain scene with them looking out at the mountains in front of them is what inspired me to make this:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=6885

I tried several different effects like I did with the picture of Kira singing Fire on the piano in Vic's but nothing could improve the beauty of the unaltered picture, the only thing that really looked "cool" to me was adding the picture of Quark and Odo looking up at the mountains facing the camera.