Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Rollerblading - Do you like to Rollerblade?

I'm currious, does anyone here rollerblade for recreation, not for sport? I have a pair and can do very basic skating, but as I live in a rural setting, there's few places, if any, for me to do any real rollerblading, so their collecting dust in my closet till I deside if I want to pursue this interrest as an alternative to mountain biking, which I normally do on trails.

Anywho, what about you?

I have never tried roller blades i used to love roller skating but heard blades were quite dangerous and i'm a real wimp <_<

I have never tried roller blades i used to love roller skating but heard blades were quite dangerous and i'm a real wimp :blink:

Believe me, it's not dangerous at all, unless you try to do stunts or go insanely fast. <_<

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I used to but I bagged out the bearings too much and didn't feel like putting up money for a new pair - just got into other things. Blades are easy to use if you can ice skate - you can skate almost the same way with the one major exception being stopping. I think it's probably advantageous to be in an urban location to put them to good use; or, you should at least have a lot of smooth streets - it gets pretty boring if you use them in the same place all the time; at least, it did for me. The only problem is if you use them as a means of transportation, they're a bit of a pain to put away - can't keep them outside and sometimes it's hard to find anywhere to keep them safe inside.

Make sure you wear knee and elbow pads. A helmet is also a good idea, especially if you're not very steady on them. Even good skaters eat dirt now and then.