Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Should "Fury" have been longer?

I was thinking... Would you prefer "Fury" as is, more guest appearances, no "Kes returns" story at all, or something else? I myself would have liked to either have more Kes episodes, with her as a guest star of coarse, or make "Fury" a story arc spanning 4 episodes.

What about you?

I enjoyed "Fury", I just think it should have been a small story arc or 2-part episode.

I was thinking...  Would you prefer "Fury" as is, more guest appearances, no "Kes returns" story at all, or something else?  I myself would have liked to either have more Kes episodes, with her as a guest star of coarse, or make "Fury" a story arc spanning 4 episodes.

What about you?

I enjoyed "Fury", I just think it should have been a small story arc or 2-part episode.

Hi Captain! I don't run across your posts much anymore. So it's good to meet up with you here, particularly since I've not seen much new action on the Voyager board. About "Fury"..........first I agree that it would have been very nice to see Kes return several times before Voyager returned to Earth. It would have been great if she had had a role in helping Janeway to defeat the Borg Queen in "Endgame."...........But the episode "Fury" I really didn't like. Because I for one could not understand her rage and anger all of a sudden at the Voyager crew. As I recall it was Kes's decision to leave Voyager. In fact she made her own decisions about most things while she was aboard Voyager. I just really didn't understand all of that hostility. It was so unlike her. So, enlighten me and tell me why you enjoyed the episode as much as you did.....Thanks. :blink:

I agree with you Captain Jean-Luc Picard that Fury would have been nice as a story arc or a 4 part episode.

Like Gottabite the episode never did sit well with me as I could not understand her anger.

Maybe it is just because I haven't seen all of the episodes. No continuinity.

I feel one episode before Fury and two after would have developed the ideas explored in this episode further.

I was thinking...  Would you prefer "Fury" as is, more guest appearances, no "Kes returns" story at all, or something else?  I myself would have liked to either have more Kes episodes, with her as a guest star of coarse, or make "Fury" a story arc spanning 4 episodes.

What about you?

Hi Captain! I don't run across your posts much anymore. So it's good to meet up with you here, particularly since I've not seen much new action on the Voyager board. About "Fury"..........first I agree that it would have been very nice to see Kes return several times before Voyager returned to Earth. It would have been great if she had had a role in helping Janeway to defeat the Borg Queen in "Endgame."...........But the episode "Fury" I really didn't like. Because I for one could not understand her rage and anger all of a sudden at the Voyager crew. As I recall it was Kes's decision to leave Voyager. In fact she made her own decisions about most things while she was aboard Voyager. I just really didn't understand all of that hostility. It was so unlike her. So, enlighten me and tell me why you enjoyed the episode as much as you did.....Thanks. :blink:

Hi, Gotabite. I really enjoyed the episode, "Fury". Why did I enjoy it so much? It was nice to see that Kes had actually changed over the three years that she was gone. Keep in mind that 3 years for an Ocampan, is like 30 years for a Human. That's a third of her life! So, granted, it was reasonable for her to be so different. Remember, she kept saying, "Blah, blah, blah, and how what she found, she couldn't control, and it terrified her." With this said, maybe she thought, in her clouded judgement, that the only way to rectify things would be to hand over Voyager, which she felt at the time had corrupted her, to the Vadiians, in the past, and take her younger self home. Those are me thoughts.

I see your point Captain.........a lot of time had passed, and Kes had been alone with the possibility of many thoughts to contend with. I guess I was so used to the mild mannered, kind hearted, Kes; it was hard for me to handle her hostility towards a crew that had always been so considerate of her, especially Captain Janeway. <_<

What about you?

Hi there <_<

I didn't really like Fury all that much, Kes being angry with everyone on Voyager wasn't like her at all and the episode didn't make much sense to me. I would have liked Kes to appear again on Voyager but in different circumstances. I enjoyed her character and I found her race to be very interesting.

Linda

it just seemed unbelievable that she could change so much in 3 years...its not like time passed any faster for her than it does with us...she just had a shorter life span is all

it just seemed unbelievable that she could change so much in 3 years...its not like time passed any faster for her than it does with us...she just had a shorter life span is all

You're right, time didn't pass faster for her. However, consider this. We live to be 90-100 years, usually, while Ocampans live to be 8 or 9 years. While time may pass the same, you have to consider that 3 years is a 3rd of Kes's life. With that said, from Kes's perspective, 3 years is indeed an extremely long time, with living to be 20 being hard to imagine. Look at how much she changed on VOY. She went from having her first birthday to becoming a young woman. Becuase of her short lifespan, I do indeed think that the Ocampans change much faster than most species.

Fury is the only VOY episode that I havent seen.

I hope you will get to view it one day. I would be interested in your opinion.