Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Any thoughts on the Cy Young choices?

Personally, I could not be any happier with the Cy Young winners. As a Blue Jay fan I was very happy to see Halladay win the Cy Young. He had a great year and was one of the best pitchers all year. As a Canadain, I was also very happy to see Gagne win. He is easily the best relief pitcher in the game. What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Feel someone else was more deserving?

Stardate:213806.7

I thought Eric Gangne was a clear choice for NL CY.Watching him shut people down was amazing.

Halladay IMO only deserved it because his last 15 wins were in a row and that is impressive.I thought that Jamie Moyer should of placed higher in the standings then he did.Reason is is because you show me a 40 year that does better than he has.There is none.Not even Roger Clemens or Randy Johnson even came close to what he did.Not only that but he did it without power.His fastball is 89MPH!!There is no pitcher in majors with better precision than him.On top of that he has more wins than anybody in baseball since 1996 that includes Clemens,Martienez,Johnson,Wood and everybody else.

I am a huge gangne fan,and was happy to hear that he won the award.I'm not as familiar with the AL winner.

Stardate:213806.7

I thought that Jamie Moyer should of placed higher in the standings then he did..

With out a doubt Jamie Moyer does more with less than any pitcher in baseball but Halladay is definatley deserving. As for Gagne his stuff was just ridiculous all year, it's like the Dodgers only have to play 8 innings.

Personally I am a Giants fan and would of liked to have seen Jason Schmidt take home the honors with a nl leading 2.34 era and 17 wins/5 losses. His stuff was nasty all year!