Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archerfan

Sorry, this may sound stupid

Why can we only post images that have a url? I can't just posts an image of my computer files? Im having trouble..How do I give my images a url?

Why can we only post images that have a url? I can't just posts an image of my computer files? Im having trouble..How do I give my images a url?

Well, you have to have your own website to upload your pictures to. If you can find someone who has a website just give them the picture so they can upload it to their file. I can't think of any other way. I wish someone would come out with a website that you can upload a picture onto without having to own it for free, but I doubt it.

Thanks Capt.Holland I was afraid of that. I guess if anyone wants to see a pic of me and my 5 mo. old daughter they will just have to look at my personal photo. I don't really have the time to get a personal website going...

Thanks Capt.Holland I was afraid of that. I guess if anyone wants to see a pic of me and my 5 mo. old daughter they will just have to look at my personal photo.  I don't really have the time to get a personal website going...

Ask VaBeachGuy if he will upload your pics to the server. He has uploaded some signature pictures for me.

Sure, I'm more then happy to host pictures for members of the board. Just e-mail me the pictures at:

VaBeachGuy@startrekfans.net

THe reason for it is that the pictures have to be hosted in a place where everyone on the internet that access the website will be able to access the pictures.

Thanks Capt.Holland I was afraid of that. I guess if anyone wants to see a pic of me and my 5 mo. old daughter they will just have to look at my personal photo.  I don't really have the time to get a personal website going...

You don't need to make a website to upload pictures. If you have a file transfer program you can upload a picture to your site and then copy the URL.

Another suggestion, if you have a Yahoo, Hotmail or other web account many of them offer free photo albums for hosting of pictures. There isn't a lot space with the free packages.

I have purchased a package with Image Event that allows me to upload up to 1500 images (no space limitations) for $25 per year. There are many other sites that have packages like that as well as some free ones as well.

Thanks VBG! I just sent you some pics for the photo album...

I have them on the server and have sent you the links in a PM so you can post them. If you need any further help just let me know.