Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What is Happiness?

Yes, today starts the National pursuit of happiness week. So what is happiness? I remember years ago I put a penny in a little fortune telling machine and selected the question "Where can I find happiness?" I have never forgotten that answer

"Under 'H' in the dictionary"

Well you know what they say about asking a stupid question. So what is the secret of happiness? Is it a matter of chance or choice? Is it elusive or like the proverbial diamond mine in the back yard?

Your thoughts?

i wish i knew the answer to that. im trying now to figure it out, and i think im slowly getting there. i really beleive there is no universal answer to that question, it is an answer everyone must find for themselves. wich i also think makes it even more cherished when you do find it.

The Klingon in me wants to say,"Happiness is seeing your enemies lying dead at your feet,their worlds burning,and hearing the weeping of their women and children!"....The human in me hasn't got a clue.Well,I do have one,but its sort of hard to put into words,you know?

I derive happiness from simple things.

Being happy in my work,knowing that my loved ones are healthy and are themselves happy.Having good friends,and spending time with them.Other than that,I don't need much else.

Click for Spoiler:

Hey,I just noticed,this is my 300th post! Edited by subcommanderbeavis