Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

TNG Fire at Everyone

There Was Plenty Of Shooting In Insurrection Dude  :drool:

Insurrection was the closest to something like the Voyage Home. It did have a good amount of action, but I wouldn't call it all out action.

To answer your question, yes TNG movies could have used something like that, where it's simply the expansion of humanity and what truely makes us human. All of the movies have that, but it's clouded by all of the smoke from the explosions.

Generations didn't have very much shooting.It was mostly about the Nexus,and Picard making the choice to give up his own paradise in order to take care of his sworn responsibilities.Hard choice.Wow.Kirk did the same thing.

I kind of like the shooting,though. :drool:

Generations didn't have very much shooting.It was mostly about the Nexus,and Picard making the choice to give up his own paradise in order to take care of his sworn responsibilities.Hard choice.Wow.Kirk did the same thing.

I kind of like the shooting,though. :drool:

Yeah there isn't to much actual fighting, but alot of $hit gets blown up (Bird of Prey, Enterprise, a planet,an observation station).

and yeah the shooting is kind of cool. :eek:

Edited by Commander Ericks

I do believe this topic has touched on one of the main reasons I prefer the TOS cast movies over the TNG cast movies. The TOS movies all had an underlying theme-the characters and their relationship to each other. TMP showed the original Enterprise Seven reunited and showed how pleased they were to once again be working for James T Kirk. The TWOK, TSFS, and TVH trilogy focused on the loyalty and sacrifices James T Kirk would make for his crew, mainly Mr Spock. TFF focused on "the big three" i.e., Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and shows that not even a brainwashing by a renegade Vulcan can break the bond between them. TUC once again focused on the crew's loyalty to Captain Kirk, where even logical Mr Spock defies Starfleet orders and puts his career on the line to rescue Kirk and McCoy from the Klingon prison planet. The TNG films seemed to focus more on CGI and shoot 'em up action than on the characters. Just my opinion folks, don't kill me, OK?

I do believe this topic has touched on one of the main reasons I prefer the TOS cast movies over the TNG cast movies.  The TOS movies all had an underlying theme-the characters and their relationship to each other.  TMP showed the original Enterprise Seven reunited and showed how pleased they were to once again be working for James T Kirk.  The TWOK, TSFS, and TVH trilogy focused on the loyalty and sacrifices James T Kirk would make for his crew, mainly Mr Spock.  TFF focused on "the big three" i.e., Kirk, Spock, and McCoy and shows that not even a brainwashing by a renegade Vulcan can break the bond between them.  TUC once again focused on the crew's loyalty to Captain Kirk, where even logical Mr Spock defies Starfleet orders and puts his career on the line to rescue Kirk and McCoy from the Klingon prison planet.  The TNG films seemed to focus more on CGI and shoot 'em up action than on the characters.  Just my opinion folks, don't kill me, OK?

I agree.. The recent films IMo are more action oriented and less character driven because Berman and his handlers (viacom) have the more bang for you buck philosophy. It's almost like they believe it's feeding candy to a baby. Either that or the more recent films suffer from the same syndrome most of last summers movies had, thin plot, nice special effects and plenty of mindless action. This is what happens when you treat ST more like a product and not as a mature story. These are are only a few theories.

Edited by Admiral Kirk

Perhaps that is why I have always preferred TOS to TNG Movies..The Original Series Movies have always been about the characters and their interaction rather than action and special effects..That's what is important in my opinion..

Edited by spacetigger

It all depends on my mood.There are days I want to see a lot of explosions and gunplay,and so I'll watch First Contact or Nemesis.Other days I want to see the character interactions and relationships,and then I'll watch one of the TOS films,or Insurrection.I liked the Picard-Anij thing.If I had been Picard,I might have stayed.Its not like he has anything left for him back on Earth.Hey,maybe when he decides to retire,he'll return to the Baku homeworld and live forever?