Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Specials

Should Enterprise have "Specials" such as Halloween episodes or perhaps a Christmas episode?

I know we had one in TOS and was wondering if you think this tradition would work (assuming that there was an interesting plot) for modern audiences within a genre such as science fiction.

i dont mean to sound cinical and all but:

Christmas is religious, so they may not do it - although with an upcoming ENT episode.....(ha not telling!)

B&B may do a Halloween special...if they dont know about their international audience....(some celebrate it)

I kind of thought "Impulse" was a Halloween special with all those zombie-like Vulcans running around. Then again, I get tapes sent to me and see them a couple of weeks (or more) after everyone else, so I doubt anybody but me even thoguht there was a connection - I just happened to see it for the first time on Oct 30 if I remember correctly.

I think that would be interesting. Maybe one or two, but certainly not all of the time. It would certainly show more of the crew's social side. I remember in one TOS episode, Kirk mentioned having turkeys for Thanksgiving. It was very subtle, and the episode wasn't about Thanksgiving at all, but it was neat to see that they do in fact still celebrate it.

And Thanksgiving is more of an American holiday. I know the Canadians have a Thanksgiving, but it's on a different day than the American one. Any other country celebrate Thanksgiving? So if a mostly American holiday can be celebrated why not a Christian holiday? (Christmas) I've known people who aren't Christians but they still celebrate Christmas. Just because it's fun.

It doesn't have to be an episode centered around a holiday, either. Like the one TOS episode with a mention of Thanksgiving, they can just have it as a small side thing.

And interesting idea, indeed.