Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

After Season Three

I was just curious what people wanted to see after Season 3 and the expanse are finished.

I would probably want to see Starfleet begin to get involved with the Blue Skins and the Vulcan's more, thus creating the early foundation for the Federation. I might even like to see a failed attempt at negotiating a Federation. Although that would probably be better suited for a few seasons later. Oh, and one more thing: more Starfleet vessels!

Here's what I'd like to see:

1. More Klingon conflict

2. More episodes with the Vulcand and Andorrians

3. A TCW episode with the Relativity from VOY's "Relativity"

4. Travis kick alien butt! :P

5. Hinting at the Romulan War

I'd be thrilled if they did all of the above! :lol:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I'd love for the Xindi situation to be resolved by the end of season 3.That would leave the TCW storyline unresolved,but before getting back to that,I would enjoy an entire season of pure exploration.No guns a blazing,no MACOs conducting special or covert Ops against anybody.Just mapping the galaxy,investigating new worlds,and meeting new civilizations.This isn't to say I'd be against the occasional action-oriented episode.But,for the most part I'd like to see the "To Boldly Go.." motto put to even greater use.We can always get back to the TCW and smoking phase pistols in seasons 5,6,and 7.

Three most important....

*1.)More Andorians and mention of the Vulcan/Andorian conflict. Shran becoming a semi-regular character would be most beneficial. More Soval to clash with Shran.

*2.)More appearances and hints at the Romulan War to reinforce the arc theme of the series. Events that foreshadow the Earth/Romulan conflict please.

*3.)Henry Archer as Future Guy or at least a future agent. Would rock Jonathan's world, devastate his entire self identity. In other words, great story.

------------------------------------------------

As far as what I'd like to see on an interpersonal level with the characters

3.)No more MACOs. They aren't good. They aren't bad. They are superfluous. Cut the dead weight.

4.)No Archer/T'Pol romance or lovey dovey longing for each other nonsense. Please. Don't go there. Ever. From what I hear they get perilously close in "Twilight." ICK! :lol:

5.)Malcolm promoted to Lieutenant Commander. He's deserving.

6.)FRIENDSHIP. Emphasize it. Hoshi/Phlox--Phlox/T'Pol--Archer/Trip, Trip/T'Pol (romance or not, those two could have a compelling, combattive, loving bantering friendship) Archer/Reed, and last but not least Trip/Malcolm all deserve screen time and development. I can't lie that I much care about Archer and T'Pol becoming closer friends. If they do, fine. If not, I can't say that I'd miss their personal interaction much.

7.)Kill off Mayweather. You aren't using him. Make it work for the storyline. No offense to Anthony but it's embarrassing to him not to be used effectively in story. Have his death affect Hoshi and Malcolm deeply.

Edited by MoulinRouge

hmmm.

I'd have to agree with B4 - a little more exploration, I'd like to see more science and I would like to see a little of what Trek is famous for - using the fictional setting to explore conflicting social situations.

I'd like to see some more interesting aliens.

And, I'd still like to see another female character added to the mix - a lt. cmdr. maybe - I think the character mix is at this point is boring. I think another scientist - such as an anthropologist would be especially good if they're going to concentrate on meeting new species or developing relationships with the ones they already have.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Mayweather and I'd like to see more friendship development between Trip/Malcolm and Trip/Archer

A little humor wouldn't hurt either. If they can continue with this grim, both barrels blasting pace without a break I'm not sure I'll make it to season four.

I go with B4 and TUH please more exploration!!!

But I also agree with MoulinRouge about friendship episodes. And I'd like to see some more background episodes. Especially Hoshi, we know little about her history. And Trip too. Let's show more of them in episodes like "silent enemy" where we learnt much about Malcolm.

I'd also like to see more on the TCW - and I'm facinated by the Andorians. I like all the eps with them !!!! And - don't laugh about me - I like it when they move their antenna.

Guest bella

Is it worth writing to the studio to say what we enjoy, and what we would like to see more/less of? I doubt anyone there reads what we put here (although I would be delighted to be proved wrong).

I saw in yesterday's Trek Today that Scott Bakula thinks Archer should interact more with all the crew, and that some of the cast are becoming upset by the negativity they see in the press etc. Should those of us who on the whole enjoy the show tell them how we feel? Who would be the best person to write to?

Could we just send this thread?? or send another one particularly directed to Season 3?

Who would be the best person to write to?

I'm so glad you asked, bella. Good for you. :P The actors were so encouraged when they saw the Sept. 10 ad in the Hollywood Reporter by the Enterprise Project after all the negative press over the summer. Writing to let them know you appreciate the effort is a wonderful idea. :P Oh gosh, is it ever worth it.

Here is a page by the stupendous Miss evay that has all the information about to whom you can write a letter, plus snail mail addresses and even sample letters. Remember, the network considers a piece of snail mail representative of a certain number of viewers, just like one Nielsen box is considered representative of a certain number. :P

http://www.triphammered.com/support.shtml

Evay updates the advertisers for each episode--people have getting responses from the advertisers; they like it when they are made aware that people watch their ads. :lol: Evay also has posted a phone number and fax number for UPN that stateside or international callers can use (UPN tallies phone calls; I've called myself). The people to write if you care to praise specific content or actors are Dawn Tarnosky-Ostroff, president of UPN, and Rick Berman and Brannon Braga (one address). You can also address a letter to any of the writing staff at Rick and Brannon's address at UPN. Replace Rick and Brannon with the writers' names. The head bean counters are listed, too. The ones who could kill ENT if they didn't like the numbers are Leslie Moonves and Mel Karmazin. Leslie is CEO of CBS. He oversees UPN. Mel is COO of Viacom. Viacom owns everything from CBS on down.

Hope that's not TMI. Evay has all the info on her page. She works so hard, bless her heart. I'm just the messenger. She has a great Trip site there. I call her "Wonder Woman." :wow:

Edited by MoulinRouge

I want to see more of Shran and the Andorians. A close relationship between the Andorians and humanity will eventually evolve and I think that's a good arc that could be carried over the course of the next 4+ years.

I'm with VBG.More Andorians,and more human-andorian interaction.I missed most of the andorian episodes the first time around,and still haven't really gotten to know the race that well on Enterprise.

:o

I think it would be real nice to just continue "space and exploration of social issues." and then maybe introduce a new dilemma at the end of season 4. However, I don't know how long Enterprise can survive without a storyarc. The Expanse has helped them out a 'little'. Does anyone have the ratings research to show this?

One thing that hurts this show is the lack of marketing. Paramount has so much money. Has anyone ever seen a billboard on the side of the highway with "Enterprise" advertised on it? They don't exist here in Atlanta, thats for sure. I have only heard radio promos (on Wednesdays of course) and seen the UPN ads.

Back on topic...I look forward (sadly) to resolving the Xindi conflict and moving on.

Edited by SuraksSoul

Personally, I'd like ENT to be episodic like VOY, but with story arcs like DS9. The producers said they would try to find a ballance. As long as the Xindi arc gets resolved this season, I'll be happy. There's plenty to explore in this time perriod, besides the Expanse and uber-weapons. :thumbs:

I want to see more of Shran and the Andorians. A close relationship between the Andorians and humanity will eventually evolve and I think that's a good arc that could be carried over the course of the next 4+ years.

I agree.The Andorians seemed like a really cool race,and Shran was a super character. :huh:

I do not agree that Travis should disappear, and I would be upset if he were killed off. I just hope after the Xindi arc is over that Travis is used in a way that was hinted at during the first episode of Enterprise...namely his prior experience in space. Even though he did not travel very fast or very far during his life as a "space-boomer' his family could have encountered many species of aliens with more advanced technologies along the various trading routes.

When Travis returned to visit his family he kept upgrading and improving the Horizon based on the experience gained from being on Enterprise. I would like to have him contribute in the same way on Enterprise from his experiences prior to being on Enterprise. Even though Phlox and T'Pol are present, their perspective is not human, nor have they encountered every species "out there." I would like to see the knowledge and experience gained by the "space boomers" be treated in some valued way in Enterprise, and I think Travis could be the vehicle for this.

I continue to look for the major races to see the need for the forming of the Federation. Even if the actual forming is ten or so years away, things should already be starting to move in that direction.

I also want to see more of the Romulans.

I would definitely like more of the TCW, and with the Adorians.

Also at some pointI'd like to see an episode where Archer's relationship with his father. That would just have a nice ring to it.

More exploring definitly, and at some point the development of the NX-02 would be great.