Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Holiday Banner Contest

Well, it may not be eliglibe for the contest but it's still cool. :)

I agree, very cool :biggrin:

Edited by Big_Steve

Our first Animated Banner!  :biggrin:  That is so COOL Dillard! Well done! :)

Hey! I specifically asked VBG earlier in this thread if we could use flash (and I meant any animation) and was told:

Flash is great but wouldn't work for the board banner so I won't be able to include it in the rotation banner. I'm inclined to say that Flash can be used but won't be voted on simply because not everyone knows how to do flash and the flash entries might have an unfair advantage because they can be so much "flashier".

oh well, nice banner ddillard!

That one is a gif not a Flash file. And last I heard I don't think the mods are eligible for the contest anyway, that may have changed though. I was just doing it for fun.

Our first Animated Banner!  :biggrin:  That is so COOL Dillard! Well done! :)

Hey! I specifically asked VBG earlier in this thread if we could use flash (and I meant any animation) and was told:

Flash is great but wouldn't work for the board banner so I won't be able to include it in the rotation banner. I'm inclined to say that Flash can be used but won't be voted on simply because not everyone knows how to do flash and the flash entries might have an unfair advantage because they can be so much "flashier".

oh well, nice banner ddillard!

That one is a gif not a Flash file. And last I heard I don't think the mods are eligible for the contest anyway, that may have changed though. I was just doing it for fun.

I know it's a gif ddillard, but it's still animation. I know I should have specifically said flash or animated gif in my initial inquiry to VBG, but I really did mean any animation.

Anyway, I'm not upset nor do I have a problem with it, I just wish I had known before, I'd have made animated banners ... too late now.

Next time we'll have to allow some flash. We have some very creative people here and I would love to see what some of you would come up with using flash.

:biggrin:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I wouldn't be opposed to some Flash banners being included, but the problem we would have is that I couldn't include them in the rotation gif simply because of format problems.

Ok, tomorrow is the last day to submit Holiday banners. So far we have banners from (in no particular order):

trekzone

Captain Bolivar

ddillard

bysty

Big_Steve

Spacetigger

TheUnicornHunter

Abakai2003

thedoctor

Those are the ones I am aware of, did anyone else submit one that I may have missed?

Also, for those that made more then one, which one do you want to have people vote on?

I already told you which one I want to be voted upon: The winter scene one.

Yeah, that's the one I put into the poll in the Voting Booth I believe. I'll double check but I'm almost sure it is.