Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Wait Is Over

PARAMOUNT FINALLY MAKES THE TREK INTO DARKNESS BD RIGHT WITH STAR TREK: THE COMPENDIUM!

And now for that surprise title announcement we mentioned on Friday: Paramount is finally making good on the Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray debacle with the 9/9 release of the 4-disc Star Trek: The Compendium Blu-ray box set (SRP $39.99)! You can see what it looks like HERE

A little bit of background before we continue… many of you will no doubt recall that, back when Star Trek Into Darkness was first released on Blu-ray, we here at The Bits were critical of the way all of the special features content was split up and given away as exclusives to different retail partners (see our column here and our review of the Blu-ray here), making it nearly impossible for fans to get all of the extras. A few weeks after our posts, I was invited up to Paramount to meet with the studio’s home video team to talk about the issue. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. They were honest, acknowledged that they’d made mistakes with the title (with the best of intentions, believe it or not – new people were in charge and they really didn't expect the fan backlash) and wanted my opinion on how they could make it up to Trek fans. And they really did want to make it right.

MORE

Cool that a rebate will be offered to people who purchased a previous version!