Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Star Trek Into Darkness First Look Featurette

TrekFeaturette021913.gif

A short featurette has been released promoting Star Trek into Darkness, with comments by J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine and Zoë Saldana.

Abrams explained what he wanted to accomplish with the sequel to 2009′s Star Trek. “The goal for this movie was definitely to up the ante as much as we could,” he said. “There are a lot of characters that people are anticipating seeing. Kirk and Spock, Bones, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu.”

“I am more excited than I can tell you,” said Abrams. “The action in this movie, the scale of the movie is light years beyond what we did in the first movie.”

“It was pretty magical to see what they were able to create this time,” said Quinto. “I think it’s stunningly beautiful.

“The word I keep coming back to is just ‘relentless,” said Pine. “It’s one thing after another, after another, after another.”

“This is the kind of film that 3D was made for,” said Saldana. Abrams concurred, saying that “Without question, the IMAX and the 3D I think will give viewers yet another level of excitement.”

“This movie was the most fun and challenging experience that I’ve had,” said Abrams. “This is like everything I’ve ever done wrapped in one movie.

Star Trek into Darkness releases at select IMAX theaters on May 15 and in theaters May 17.

View the full article