As long as it's a decent story. The problem I had with the first one is that it was too much a Disney film. In other words, it was a little too sweet. The computer effects were spectaular for its time but you could tell that the writers had a difficult challenge in writing a story to fits the efx the producers wanted to use. The film was released in 1981 and we all know the advances in special fx are light years removed from then. What sort of story could it possibly be though? The mighty MCP has been swept away so what could be written to warrant a sequel? Maybe just a re-do? I'm open to suggestions.

I liked the original Tron, and I agree that with a decent storyline and today's FX abilities it would be awesome to have a new one.

I love Tron. I agree that they could definatly make a "cooler looking" movie now but the first one was very uniqe. I have the special eddition DVD and after watching the making of I don't think that any other movie has been made the way it was. If they made a new one than it would just be another cool looking CGI film. I think it would take away from the original to make a new one.

I think an update of TRON would be cool, the story of the original was a good one only poorly executed, so there would be no chance of a remake spoiling that and with today’s tech it could really rock.

I would like to see the story adapted to center around robot(s) like the chat bots currently out there, becoming tired of the abuse they receive from seekers and wreaking their revenge on us by sucking us into their cyber world.

I would love a Tron remake. I watched it a few months ago, and really enjoyed it, but it was very difficult to get past the bad SFX. With computer animation, a Tron remake would totally kill! I'd love it!

Stardate:214120.3

A new Tron would be cool.A sequel or a remake would work with me.

As far as the original plot goes, you have to remember that Tron was a CHILDREN'S movie. If the Teletubbies and Barney are any indication, children aren't picky. It's 23 years later now which means anyone alive when Tron was out is now an adult with (I hope) more refined tastes, but seen through the eyes of a 10 year old in an era when people didn't know how computers worked it was pretty cutting edge.

I did hear a loose plot for (I think it was called) Trom 2.0. The general idea is Flynt returned to the digital world for some reason or another but that's all I remember.

I did hear a loose plot for (I think it was called) Trom 2.0.  The general idea is Flynt returned to the digital world for some reason or another but that's all I remember.

They have a Tron 2.0 PC game which is about his son going into the world. Supposed to be really cool.

As far as the original plot goes, you have to remember that Tron was a CHILDREN'S movie. If the Teletubbies and Barney are any indication, children aren't picky. It's 23 years later now which means anyone alive when Tron was out is now an adult with (I hope) more refined tastes.

I disagree with you here as I the target audience of Tron is similar to that of Star Wars and Star Trek, and I don't believe that these shows can be compared to sole pre-teen entertainment such as the Teletubbies and Barney.