Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Did Voyager defeat the Borg?

If you haven't seen VOY's series finale, "Endgame", it'd be a good idea to click back now. :lol:

"Endgame" - Admiral Janeway travels back in time 26 years to get Voyager home 16 years early. In doing so, Voyager destroyed one of six transwarp hubs as they made their way home via transwarp conduit. Meanwhile, Admiral Janeway was assimilated by the Borg Queen, leading to her death (again :lol: ) and the distruction of Unimatrix 01.

Here's the big question. With the events of "Unimatrix Zero" and "Endgame", do you think the Borg are done for, or do you think they set the stage for a 2nd movie?

I myself think they set the stage for a 2nd movie. The Borg Queen could return or we could have a new individual who brings order to chaos. The collective come unite once again, but with entirely new goals, the possibilities are vast!

Anywho, I think "Endgame" set the stage for a possible 2nd Borg movie, featuring the cast of VOY.

The Borg Collective is a massive interstellar entity.I doubt the loss of Unimatrix 01,a Queen,and whatever else Voyager destroyed en route back home did more than temporarily cripple the Borg.They've lost at least 2 Queens before,without major disruption (Best of Both Worlds,Part 2 and First Contact).And there must be other,perhaps numerous other,transwarp conduit hubs.Don't forget the Borg,by the Queen's own admission have assimilated thousands of worlds.There are a LOT of Borg zipping around the cosmos :lol: .

If I were Starfleet,I'd be a bit concerned that the Borg now consider humanity/The Federation a far more serious threat than ever before and may feel the need to mount a massive counterattack or another invasion.

There could definitely be another Borg movie.

:borg:

Janeway said that Seven told her that there were only 6 Borg transwarp hubs in the galaxy. Destroying one would be a major blow to their transwarp network. As for the Queen, she did die (again) along with Unimatrix Zero. However, before her death, she assimilated a virus which infected most of the collective, plunging the once unified collective into utter chaos. I don't think the Borg are destroyed, but I do think they "may" be in chaos for a long time to come.

Yes, tho Borg collective does span to just about every borg in the galaxy, but under some circumstances Borgs or Borg vessels can become disconnected for awhile. Chances are a few were; thus, they would not have recieved the virus. In the end of Endgame the Borg Queen rejoiced when she realized a ship had survived. Shortly, it was destroyed from the inside by Voyager. This could have been the last Borg theoretically. It is hard to say, but I think that B&B wanted to tie up the Borg problem. If something wasn't done to end the collective, surely they could have dominated the entire galaxy. It would also be the more appropriate ending for Voyager in my opinion. Sure, it has been left to debate, but I think the answer leans toward the Borg being completely defeated. A good legacy for Janeway, even if she did have to violate temporal ethics to accomplish it.

Stardate:213825.9

No i dont think the borg are destroyed.Sooner or later they would adapt to the virus.The borg collective is too massive IMO.I think they will be around for a very long time and its gonna take more than a virus to totally wipe them out.

This is kinda off topic but do the Borg control all 6 transwarp hubs or what?I know they are in each corner of the galaxy so have the borg found them all????

i know its not canon but in the book, farther shore (post voyager series) it is explained that in the event of the death of the queen, there is a protocol to transform a drone into a queen.. now every analogy thus far has likened the borg to bees or ants...so i dont think its past the realm of possibility that for this instance, they are alike bees as well... therefore, even if the queen died, there is a protocol to transform another drone into a queen.. that the being the case, the borg have hot been defeated, but im sure they have taken devastating losses in the number of drones , structures, equipment, and ships

I believe that "Endgame" set the stage for a future movie plot where the Borg will "regroup" so to speak and return for vengence on Captain Janeway and her crew. The Borg are certainly not destroyed........and yes I also believe a new Queen will emerge. :borgqueen: :lol:

Edited by Gotabite

I thought the 6, now 5, transwarp hubs were Borg built?

Stardate:213827.9

Hmmm i always thought the Transwarp Hubs were naturally occuring and that the borg simply built stations on them to control them.Hmmm now im really curious about this.Does anyone know for certain wheather they are artifical or natural??????????

I thought that the transwarp hubs were borg made as I did not think that a transwarp conduwit excisted without the tech that the borg used to keep them open but I never understood why they would as each ship has its own transwarp drive.

I don't think the Borg are finished.  It may take a while for them to recover but they will be back.

I couldn't agree with you more. I do also believe the Borg will be back. :lol:

:laugh:

Stardate:213825.9

No i dont think the borg are destroyed.Sooner or later they would adapt to the virus.The borg collective is too massive IMO.I think they will be around for a very long time and its gonna take more than a virus to totally wipe them out.

This is kinda off topic but do the Borg control all 6 transwarp hubs or what?I know they are in each corner of the galaxy so have the borg found them all????

The problem with the virus was that it infected any borg connected to the collective mind immediately. Once infected, it only took mere minutes for the Borgs to fall apart and or explode. The queen exclaimed that one ship did adapt, but she did not express that others had. That ship was later destroyed. It could be that no other ship did adapt. Can't say for sure though, this is just circumstantial evidence.

There is no way they will ever kill off the Borg. Just for the plain reason that they are such great villians. They may be down, but they will never be out.

There is no way they will ever kill off the Borg.  Just for the plain reason that they are such great villians.  They may be down, but they will never be out.

Good said, Eve. :lol: :P

:P

If you haven't seen VOY's series finale, "Endgame", it'd be a good idea to click back now. :eek:

"Endgame" - Admiral Janeway travels back in time 26 years to get Voyager home 16 years early.  In doing so, Voyager destroyed one of six transwarp hubs as they made their way home via transwarp conduit.  Meanwhile, Admiral Janeway was assimilated by the Borg Queen, leading to her death (again :drool: ) and the distruction of Unimatrix 01.

Here's the big question.  With the events of "Unimatrix Zero" and "Endgame", do you think the Borg are done for, or do you think they set the stage for a 2nd movie?

I myself think they set the stage for a 2nd movie.  The Borg Queen could return or we could have a new individual who brings order to chaos.  The collective come unite once again, but with entirely new goals, the possibilities are vast!

Anywho, I think "Endgame" set the stage for a possible 2nd Borg movie, featuring the cast of VOY.

Hi there :eek:

I think Voyager did defeat The Borg, although only for a short time. I think The Borg have the technology to create a new queen and new drones. However, I think The Borg have become a bit annoying and we have seen too much of them. Species 8472 were only in a few episodes and I found them to be quite interesting.

I would rather see a different alien in a new movie, honestly, I'm a bit sick of The Borg.

Linda

I can't say why Madam Captain is sick of the Borg but I can tell you why I am.

Overall, the Borg collective has not have many episodes. But it is still enough considering how linear their characters are. They always say the same thing, and do the same thing. That is, they say "Resistance is futile" and assimilate respectively. Also, in a manner of speaking, 7 of 9 added many more Borg episodes to the Star Trek universe. I just don't feel that they have enough depth for more.

I think "Regeneration" should be the last Borg episode, because as you know Captain, I think that "Regeneration" was the last part of the circular causality loop that ties all ends together. I think its a good way for them to end the Borg. Then again, I thought "Endgame" was a good way for them to end the Borg. If the writers can come up with something interesting, I'll be all for it.

I always thought that the transwarp hub was just too perfect. Being cynical, I can't help but wonder why the hell the borg didn't use a transwarp apiture to attack Earth before.

But that said, I don't think the Borg are done for. They're in some deep $hit right now. That's for certain, the will adapt. I would doubt that we've seen the last of them. :drool:

I always thought that the transwarp hub was just too perfect. Being cynical, I can't help but wonder why the hell the borg didn't use a transwarp apiture to attack Earth before.

I just assumed it was a newly constructed transwarp conduit, to be used when they infect Earth with the Borg nanoprobe-virus.

If the Borg were over used and should not be seen again, I guess we should forget about ever seeing the Romulans or Klingons. :drool:

The reason why I don't think the Romulans or Klingons are NOT over used is because they can actually interact as characters to a full extent. A drones behaviour is limited. That is just my opinion. If you like em' thats fine. Just my stance. They will probably be back though, because many people do want to see them again. But I don't think they will ever come back during Enterprise. And I hope not.

they might they might not. i mean bring the borg early into the series or into the series at all seems pointless.

Edited by tj_hawk

The Borg probably have not been totally defeated.

I will agree that the Collective has suffered a massive defeat,and that they may require generations to return to their former strength in terms of numbers of Borg,ships,and transwarp conduits.

But they will be back. :o