Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Wang Is No Fan Of Shatner

George Takei isn’t alone when it comes to his dislike of Star Trek‘s William Shatner.

Star Trek: Voyager‘s Garrett Wang used to be a fan of the man best-known for playing Captain Kirk until an unfortunate meeting with Shatner changed his mind.

Wang062211.gifWang shared his story of what went wrong with the crowd at Comikaze Expo, which took place last weekend at the Los Angeles Convention Center. “I was at the Tulsa Trek Expo [last year],” he said. “I was in the ‘green room,’ so this is a backstage room where only the actors are. So I walked up to him and said ‘Mr. Shatner, I finally get to meet you.’

“[shatner's handshake] was limp-wristed; he gave me this, like he was the Queen of England or something. So he gives me that, then in the middle of the handshake, he looks away, then he pulls his hand away and he wipes it off on his shirt, right in front of me.

“All I saw was red. You know what? God help me, I want to punch his fat belly right now. I was so mad. I want to tell you guys, I love Captain Kirk, but I fricken’ cannot stand William Shatner. I’m gonna say that right now. That is no way to treat someone.”

At Comikaze, Wang also spoke about the Star Trek XI premiere back in 2009 and his thoughts on the lack of Star Trek: Voyager actors in attendance.  According to Wang, none of the Voyager actors were invited to that premiere. “I just gave you seven years of my life,” said Wang. “You think I can get an invite to the damn premiere? No.”

In spite of that disrespect, Wang said that he would love to be part of a new Star Trek series.

View the full article

I'll bet Shatner didn't even know who Wang was ...

Trek is just so huge, with so many different actors from all the series. There's no excuse, ever, for rudeness, though.

Having recently rewatched Voyager, I can honestly say that it was really good show with a great cast. I think both DS9 and Voyager suffered due to Trek's overexposure in the 1990's. TNG, DS9 and VOY should have been spaced out a little more and run consecutively, not concurrently. I think the franchise suffered because of it, but there it is. Voyager does get treated like a stepchild, and THAT is unfortunate. Hollywood just has no respect for its history, but you'd think Trek would be better than that!

Maybe if Janeway had ever actually promoted Harry beyond ensign, Shatner/Kirk would have known who he was! Let's blame it on Janeway!

I'm with Garrett, I'd kill or die for a new Star Trek television series, but only if it continues on with the next gen timeline.

NEVER touch The SHAT without first being given permission!!!

ALSO: I'd wipe my hand too after touching a Wang...lol

Edited by Kor37