Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Abrams: Star Trek On TV?

Even though J.J. Abrams is busy, with three shows to be in production by 2012, he is thinking about the future, which includes Star Trek.

Abrams recently discussed the possibility of seeing Star Trek on television after the current movies are completed.

AbramsSmall1.gif“I don’t know,” he said. “It’s never really come up, frankly, but depending on what that would sort of be and how it would be done I’d be open to the idea of it. Right now we’re just sort of focusing on making a movie that’s worth people’s time.”

And what about a television series based on Abrams Star Trek farther down the road? “I think that people could probably come up with better ideas for movies than rehashing my old TV shows,” he said.

Abrams was more enthusiastic about Star Trek 2. “I’m excited,” he said. “We’re working hard. We’re very close and I hope to have something to talk about concretely soon. I do feel like if Trek happens as we hope that it will, it will be a fun return to that group of people, because it’s an amazing group.”

View the full article