Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Ships of the Dominion War

Wasn't their a Nebula Class that was transporting Dukat (as a POW) and Sisko in "Waltz?" Also I thought I saw an intrepid class ship in "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges." I think it was used to transport Bashir to Romulus.

Did anyone catch the registry number on the interepid class ship that Bashir found himself on? It is very hard to read in the few scenes that we see the ship, but I could swear it was the same as the Voyager Reg #. I guess they just resued the model, but with computers they could have at least changed it.

I thought Ambassador class ships were science vessels...

CJLP, you should pick up a copy of Star Trek Starship Spotter... I've noticed your fascination with starships etc.

According to http://www.lcarscom.net/intrepidclass.htm, the registry of the Bellerephon was NCC-74705, which is very close to Voyager's NCC-74656 (Does anyone know why they used that number?) Here's the rest of the entry on the Bellerephon:

USS Bellerephon

NCC-74705

Starship that took Admiral Ross and Dr. Bashir to Romulus in 2374.

It is possible that this is Admiral Ross' flagship to the Ninth Fleet.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - DS9

Oh, something interesting to note. On the cover of Star Trek Armada 2, the Intrepid class on the right firing phasers, is Voyager! You can make out NCC-74656 on the hull.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Oh thanks for clearing that up! I'd guess that the bellerephon's number is 74705 because it would have been built only a few years after Voyager. The numbers suggest that between Voyager's constuction and the Bellerephon's construction, a total of 49 other ships would have been built. However, this figure would not include any ships with letter suffixes such as the Enterprise - E. So I guess that episode was near season 7 of DS9, and Voyager started 2 years after DS9 began... so a rough estimate would say that in 5 years, Starfleet built 50+ ships. Considering how many they have lost in the past few years, they must be running low. Just the battle of Wolf 359 would almost balance out those 50 ships. But I don't know how many letter-suffixed ships they make.

One thing that got me really mad was an article in Star Trek:The Magazine about the Niagara and Freedom class starships that stated as fact that these two classes of ship were no longer in service since none were seen on DS9 during the Dominion War storyarch.A lot of starships weren't seen on DS9 that final year or two,but that doesn't mean they aren't in service. :angry:

Yeah like the Soverign class..

I once read that the Sovereign-class, including the Enterprise-E, didn't appear in DS9 becuase they wanted to keep the design for the movies only.

However, I still think there should'a been a 2-part DS9 episode with the Enterprise-E and a few TNG guest stars. :grin:

I still think there should'a been a 2-part DS9 episode with the Enterprise-E and a few TNG guest stars. :grin: [/color]

Yeah.That would have been great.

Of course,I love starships.The more ships the writers can put into any single episode the better! ;)