Sign in to follow this  
fredbroca

The other Janeway

When Voyager first started they had a different actress playing Captain Janeway. Well when someone says what if some other actor played a trek part how would it look. It looks like we do. I know she only worked for a few days before she quit but does anybody have the footage of that different actress. I don't even now her name if you know that it would be helpful too as I could at least what she has already done and pretend what she would look like in a star trek uniform.

Thanks

I can't say for certain, but I really doubt any footage of her as the captain would not have been released as she would have quit before editing of the first few scenes could take place. This wasn't like what happened with Star Trek when they completed a pilot then scrapped it. The footage of the other captain is probably consisdered too insignificant to release, but hey, maybe they did... so keep looking. I would love to see it myself.

I,uh...I read in a Trek magazine that they also thought of using a male actor to play Janeway...

I bet he wouldn't have liked being called "Ma'am",either... :klingon:

The actor they wanted to read for the part had played various minor characters on Trek shows before...TNG,I think...Tall,skinny guy.Can't recall his name exactly.Dark haired...hrmm,man I hate not being able to remember his name!Its right on the tip of my tongue.

:laugh:

Hey!I just remembered.He played one of the guys from the holo-universe that thought Chaotica was attacking them when Paris and Kim would run their Captain Proton holodeck stories!Still,can't recall a name.

They only considered him for a short while,before determining to cast a woman.

Edited by Nipples_The_Clown

There is only one sence, the part when we meet Tom Paris, that part the only part of the show she'd done. Altergo, thats fasinating that she came from Montreal, my wife she is from there. I wonder what part shes from.

Altergo, thats fasinating that she came from Montreal, my wife she is from there. I wonder what part shes from.
Genevieve Bujold

actress

Born: 7/1/42

Birthplace: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Does that help or were you looking for something more specific?

Montreal Quabec yes, but what part. There are many parts of Montreal, English speaking westside and French speaking North east. My wife came from West Island, its mostly English speaking and 35% of French Canadians.

When Voyager first started they had a different actress playing Captain Janeway.  Well when someone says what if some other actor played a trek part how would it look.  It looks like we do. I know she only worked for a few days before she quit but does anybody have the footage of that different actress.  I don't even now her name if you know that it would be helpful too as I could at least what she has already done and pretend what she would look like in a star trek uniform.

Thanks

Hi there :laugh:

I don't know where you can find footage of the other actress that was originally cast as Janeway. However, I think that actress quit after only two days of filming. Kate Mulgrew mentioned this at a convention in Sydney, Australia (I had the con report saved in my favorites file). She also mentioned that Genevieve Bujold (the other actress) kept saying 'ongarge' instead of 'engage' on set. Kate Mulgrew actually auditioned for the part of Janeway but the other actress got the part first. Kate said it was probably the worst audition she had ever done and even apologised for her 'bad form'. Then she quit and Kate's agent told her they were now 'desperate' and that she needed to get down to the studio to do another audition. Kate said she was really sick with the flu at the time and she didn't really care whether she got the part or not. So she did her audition, told the guys "I'm sick, wished them luck and went home!!! She must have been good to still be able to do that audition, being sick and everything and still get the part!!

Anyway, as I said before, I have no info on the original Janeway actress but I thought that was very interesting, the way Kate Mulgrew got the part................

ongarge? heh, think thats why they changed it to "Do it" and left "Engage" to Picard?