Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Star Trek 2 Update

Roberto Orci gave an update regarding the progress of Star Trek 2, due out next year.

As reported by TrekMovie.com, those working on the Trek sequel have completed an outline and are waiting to see if J.J. Abrams signs on as director.

OrciSmall.jpgThe main news is that the script for Star Trek 2 is not yet complete. “Just been waiting for J.J. to be free to really decide if he likes the story and hear his suggestions before we finish the script,” said Orci. “Once he says go, we’ll have it in no time.”

They’ll have it in “no time” because although a script is not finished, a lengthy outline has been written. “Meanwhile,” said Orci, “our outline is detailed enough (70+pages!) to do some prep.”

Although Abrams is not yet officially on board, he is still providing input to the Trek writers. “In the meetings we’ve had with J.J.,” said Orci, “he’s already given us amazing input and ideas and that’s been while he’s up to his eyeballs in Super 8.”

Meanwhile, Empire Online is reporting that Zoë Saldana is ready to go 120809Saldana1.gifand she has two wishes for Star Trek 2. “I can tell you what I’d like to see happen,” she said, “[which is] for Spock and Uhura to really hook up. Or to get to do whatever physical activities. Kick some butt, some Romulan butt.”

View the full article

Just as long as we get to see Zoe's butt.

Seriously, I can see two directions for Spock. He can fully embrace Vulcan stoic nonemotion as an attempt to try to preserve what is left of the culture or, since there are few elements of the culture left, he can find that difficult and become more like an emotional human. The latter is more likely but it's not what fans would like to see.

Well that depends on which fan you are talking to.

Personally I don't want a classic Spock rehash. I adore classic Spock but going the same route with nuSpock is senseless, imo. The point of the reboot was too shake things up, go where we haven't gone before.

I want the emotional route fully taken, MUCH more interesting potential. Lets see him emote the point he almost becomes Romulan! He should be the person which in the original universe took some sort of external influence, (like the spores, or being back in time with Zarabeth) to morph into.

Let outside influences bring the original Spock temporally to the surface.