Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

RIP William Campbell

Just read that William Campbell passed away (Koloth/Trelane). Really sad news. I met him once in 1973 at a Trek Con in New York. He was one of the nicest people I ever met. Back then, guests at a con were very accessible. I ran into Mr. Campbell in the hotel lobby and introduced myself. He was very gracious. Later in the day, I was sitting on the floor in one of the hotel hallways leaning against the wall eating some lunch when Mr. Campbell passed by. He actually came over to me, REMEMBERED my name and introduced me to his wife. I was absolutely stunned. Rest In Peace, Bill Campbell. You were a great guy.

Truly a loss of a wonderful person, an excellent actor, and fine Star Trek guest star.

William Campbell was a truly nice man besides being a talented actor. He was always friendly with fans and had a smile or funny story to tell. You got the impression that he really enjoyed people and having contact with them. With his looks and talent I am very surprised that he didn't have a more illustrious career. R.I.P. Mister Campbell you were a great actor and most importantly a gentleman.