Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Pine Drops Star Trek Sequel Hint

Chris Pine has let Star Trek fans know a small bit about what will happen to James T. Kirk in the next Trek film. Plus – Pine and Zoë Saldana meet Luna director.

With production to gear up this summer, fans are eager for any snippet of news regarding the Star Trek sequel, and Pine provided a bit of that news courtesy of his Facebook page.

Pine150.gifAfter reading the script for Star Trek XII, Pine had this to say to his FB readers: “After a thousand questions regarding the Star Trek sequel, I can finally say I am holding the draft script in my hand. I can also now tell you I have a love interest and it’s all looking very exciting.”

Pine couldn’t provide details on when the movie will start shooting though “Sorry, but I can’t give you a date for filming yet,” he said, “but you guys are going to love it!

But Pine did update fans on another project with which he is involved. “[Welcome to] People is going great, finishing filming soon,” he said. “Good to be working in L.A. again. Looking forward to summer. Take care.”

While Pine waits for filming to begin on Star Trek XII, he is still out there interviewing and trying to line up SaldanaSmall.gifwork. He met up recently with Doug Liman, who is working on a project (formerly titled Luna) that will tell the story of a race to colonize the move by a group of renegade former space employees.

Pine is not the only Star Trek XI alum to be looking for a part in the Liman movie. Saldana, Star Trek XI‘s Uhura, also met with the director.

View the full article

I'm thinking his love is interest is some alien hotie, which was his usual modus operandi back in the original TOS days. Love 'em, then leave 'em.

I suppose it could be "Ruth" shown on the Shore Leave episode, or Carol Marcus.

I'm thinking his love is interest is some alien hotie, which was his usual modus operandi back in the original TOS days. Love 'em, then leave 'em.

I will go with trekz on this one. I think it would be the most interesting one, and it would or could last just one movie.

I was kidding.

I wonder though, will this romance be a typical for Kirk, one night stand or will it be serious?

I hope Carol Marcus is somewhere in the story, even if just a throwaway mention.

^ I was going to refer to the Trek Today piece which I ran across late last night.

Just to carry this to a ridiculous end, my last guess would be that Kirk considers a fling with a female Horta, after hearing that they are one of the hottest alien females around. Plus they create their own "Tunnel of Love"....