TheGoonfilm.jpg

The movie adaptation of Eric Powell's supernatural/scifi crime-fighting comic, The Goon, finally has a teaser trailer, and it'll blow your mind. The David Fincher-produced movie, featuring Paul Giamatti, is amazingly gorgeous — so check it out, ya "slackjaws." The film is written by creator Eric Powell, and Paul Giamatti and Clancy Brown will voice Franky and The Goon, respectively.

Here's a synopsis of the comic — the film still hasn't announced its plot:

The Goon tells the adventures of a muscle-bound brawler who claims to be the primary enforcer for a feared mobster. The Goon and his sidekick Franky often get tied up in other machinations, often in relation to the evil zombie gangs. There is a heavy slant on the paranormal.

And here's the first teaser trailer and poster:

TheGoonfilmposter.jpg

We suspect more information will be released at Comic Con at The Goon panel on Friday, July 23rd at 6pm in Room 24ABC.

via MTV

Source: The Goon gets a gorgeously gruesome, epically absurd trailer

It's an amazing comic in case you haven't heard of it until now.

I remember they did a one-shot cross-over between Hellboy and The Goon that I still have yet to read. If you're wondering, Dark Horse publishes both Hellboy and The Goon along with various other comics, i.e. Star Wars, Buffy, etc.

Besides The Goon, I'm not sure what else the creator has done except he's drawn for the Superman miniseries Escape from Bizarro World.