Sign in to follow this  
SuraksSoul

Fight or Flight

I just rewatched this episode for the first time in a long while. Its funny to see what a mess the Enterprise was in when it left spackdock for the first time. Malcom was having trouble aligning the torpedos. (just look at those torpedos and how slow they moved out of the port!) T'Pol was a lot more insecure and critical of Archer's decisions and Hoshi was a lot more annoying (thank god for character development!) It is interesting to see the difference between the "Expanse" crew and the crew that originally started off.

OT: I rewatched another great episode "Shuttlepod I" -- probably in the top five episodes on my list. Question to all of you Enterprise Trivia nuts! What kind of Kentucky Bourbon are Malcom and Trip sharing? :)

Edited by SuraksSoul

Fight or Flight was a good episode but wasn't one of my favorites. I always thought that Enterprise seemed too easy a target and had almost no defenses, I guess that's what TPTB wanted to get across but I wasn't excited about it.

I enjoyed the episode though.

I liked it, I thought it was an excellent example of them being in over their heads right from the start. SuraksSoul you've made me want to go re-visit it again and watch more carefully for the torpedos speeds, ENT was very much about the little details it's first two years.

I can't remember the whisky brand but I'll guess: Wild Turkey? :) That's probably as bad a guess as I could make. :)

Wild Turkey?

:) Don't even go there! Don't ever play Quarters with the stuff either B) :)

Sounds to me like you've run afoul with that bird before. Quarters huh? Make it a Jack Daniels and I'll see you on the other side! :)

Wild Turkey?

:lol: Don't even go there! Don't ever play Quarters with the stuff either :) :blink:

Sounds to me like you've run afoul with that bird before. Quarters huh? Make it a Jack Daniels and I'll see you on the other side! :lol:

Wild Turkey (shivers)....that stuff is leathal after a couple of beers.

AND Yes -- I know about beer before liquor.....at least I do now :)

Wild Turkey?

:) Don't even go there! Don't ever play Quarters with the stuff either :) :blink:

Sounds to me like you've run afoul with that bird before. Quarters huh? Make it a Jack Daniels and I'll see you on the other side! :lol:

Wild Turkey (shivers)....that stuff is leathal after a couple of beers.

AND Yes -- I know about beer before liquor.....at least I do now :)

Don't mix it with wine coolers either :lol:

The Army had it's fun off-duty moments :)

Guest bella

I love this episode: how everyone (except Malcolm) is keen to make contact.

I think everyone gets something to do... lots of chats between themselves.

Loved Malcom's look when Archer wouldn't let him take the rifles "Too many science fiction movies!"; the torpedo test going wrong; Travis talking about his family's experiences; Archer glibly giving away Earth's location; Hoshi's comment about the ladder; Trip wanting to get involved; the translation scene on the alien ship; T'Pol's attitude; the baddy alien ship coming along and cutting into Enterprise...; Hoshi doing her stuff...

Thinking about it, there was a lot packed into this episode, plotwise and characterwise plus Archer having to make a decsion to go back.It really gave a feel as to what it might be like to go out and make contact with new species.

I liked seeing their unpreparedness, and wish it had gone one for a bit longer, into later episodes. There's plenty of time later for a more powerful capable ship.

This episode is high on my list.

I've no idea on the burbon question. But what was it doing there in the first place! -- I'm not sure I believe Trip's explanation!!