Sign in to follow this  
Guest bella

Season 3 so far (no spoilers)

Guest bella

I asked this on the "who would you get rid of" thread, but it may have slipped by.

So, in general terms, because I don't want to know what happens in Season 3 yet, how is it better/worse/same/different compared to Seasons 1 and 2?

For example, timewise for the main crew : Who is getting more time, less, the same... is it quality screentime?

Has Travis said anything yet? (please don't tell me if he is now Captain! haa haa. ) No--you can tell me if he is Captain!

Are the stories a mix or are they skewed towards action more now?

Are they ensemble pieces or focussing on the main characters?

One thing which entertained me has been the mix of drama, action, effects, character moments, humour. Are we still getting this in Season 3?

If I liked Seasons 1 and 2 (which I did) am I likely to enjoy Seaon 3 also in your opinion?

Ah, I don't want to ruin anything for you, but I'll answer your questions as best I can without doing so.

So, in general terms, because I don't want to know what happens in Season 3 yet, how is it better/worse/same/different compared to Seasons 1 and 2?

Season 3 is better because it is based on a story-arc. It has a couple of standalone episodes you could say, but they all contribute little details into the overall picture. Very good story-telling!!

For example, timewise for the main crew : Who is getting more time, less, the same... is it quality screentime?

Overall....you are getting the main three (T'Pol, Archer, Trip) getting the most screen time of course. The entire bridge crew including Travis and Reed are getting more screen time this season than the previous, but not their own shows.....not yet!

Has Travis said anything yet? (please don't tell me if he is now Captain! haa haa.  ) No--you can tell me if he is Captain!

Travis has been a vital part of the crew this season 3. However, I don't think he gets nearly enough screen time as he should. Its a competition between him and Reed for the most underdeveloped character on the show.

Are the stories a mix or are they skewed towards action more now?

The stories have a good balance this season. Some are fast paced with lots of action, while others are very plot oriented. I think someone noted in another thread that phasers have been used in every single episode this season.

One thing which entertained me has been the mix of drama, action, effects, character moments, humour. Are we still getting this in Season 3?

If I liked Seasons 1 and 2 (which I did) am I likely to enjoy Seaon 3 also in your opinion?

Season 3 has started off in a great manner. I can't speak for everyone, but I have seen every episode and I believe that this is Star Trek at it's finest. Season 1 and 2 were great, but Season 3 has shown much more potential and the story telling is phenomenal.

Hope that helped....have patience...it is worth the wait.

I don't think I'd add anything different to what SuraksSoul said, season 3 has a great mix of what you'd want in Enterprise. Even the "Non-Action" "Non-Arc" episodes contribute to the overall story and contain some bit of action. It's been a great season so far.

I don't think I'd add anything different to what SuraksSoul said, season 3 has a great mix of what you'd want in Enterprise. Even the "Non-Action" "Non-Arc" episodes contribute to the overall story and contain some bit of action. It's been a great season so far.

I agree! Season 3 has been great so far. I look forward to each and every episode!

B&B have imo, proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are the ones deserving to be control of the franchise, the New direction story arc is kicking butt and taking names.

Me, I loved the Old Direction (season one and two) just fine, it was a slower pace but it was paying off slowly but surely on most things that were my expectations for the series. As a matter of fact I miss that, not seeing the Andors and the Tellers is starting to be a bit sad but I maintain my faith in B&B to get us through this "Proving of Themselves" and picking up old threads again where they left off.

I too am very happy with the way that season 3 has started out..I was little apprehensive about this new direction/story arc that was planned for season 3. But, I've been very happy with it so far. I look forward to it every week..The only complaint I have is that this weeks show will be a repeat of the season opener..Must be because the World Series is on at the same time..

Guest bella

Thanks for the opinions... I'm feeling more optimistic now. Roll on January!

I foolishly checked in somewhere full of negativity and it was extremely depressing. I don't know why people insist on watching a show they don't like - I don't! Life is too short.

are you in the U.K bella? just curious about the Enterprise season 3 premiere.... here in Oz we start in April and dont get "special set time"!

Edited by trekzone

Guest bella

Hi trekzone.

Yes I am.

We've got Singularity this Sunday on Channel 4. One of my favourite episodes. :lol:

Then Season 3 starts on Sky satellite in January.

Are you in Oz? When will you get to see the next season?

Guest bella

Duh! Did you edit your post trekzone or did I just not read it properly the first time?! Probably the latter knowing me.

What do you mean by "special set time"?

How are your TV schedules arranged?

We get Enterprise first on Sky, one episode per week (shown Mondays 8pm and Sundays 5pm) with no repeats within the Season...just straight through. Then on terrestrial telly it starts around August. C4 are showing it on Sundays at 6:40pm (finishes at 7:30) with a repeat at 2am Wednesdays(!).

The Communicator was censored last Sunday. We weren't shown some of the violence or the nooses going round their necks. Sky were less sqeemish, but showed it later (the Sunday repeat was censored).

Sky is good because it is less heavily censored and we get it reasonably soon.

C4 scores because it shows it in widescreen and much less intusive ad breaks.

in oz we've got Channel 7, 9, 10 and ABC (aus. broadcasting corp.) they are our main carriers....Channel 9 runs Enterprise and since Australia doesnt have "a large target audience" (quote by Ch. 9's program manager) we get it at 11:30 at night on Wednesday...but we get bumped off for the rugby, an exclusive like Survivor (we had ENT at 10:00pm (my begging!) but Survivors new season came on and we got bumped down)

So thats special set time.

We have FOXTEL (similiar to SKY), i dont have that...