Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

What was your favourite TV show and book

My fave TV show:~ Easily Winnie the Pooh

My fave book:~ Wind in the Willows/The Book Of Pooh

(as you can see I'm a bit of a Pooh nut)

Incidently, here in the UK at the moment there is someting called The Big Read happening. This is where 21 of the best books of all time are selected and then the public vote for their fave one. Winnie the Pooh and Wind in the Willows were both nominated, so I'll be busy for quite some time. :clap:

My favourite television from when I was a kid is still going strong today - Hockey Night in Canada. Sitting down to watch the game was always the highlight of the week.

We also had a television program on late (for a kid) Friday nights that sometimes my parents would let me watch (usually if I had a sleep over with friends we would be allowed). It was called Chiller Thriller Movie (something like that) and it showed horror movies (some good, some really bad).

My favourite books would have been the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maude Montgomery. It was soooo cool to see Green Gables when I visited Prince Edward Island years ago.

Another series of books I loved were the Nancy Drew Mysteries.

As a child my favorite TV show was (No surprise here) Star Trek (TOS). I remember getting a set of communicator walkie talkies and a phaser for Christmas in 1975. I also got an Enterprise bridge with transporter and 2 or 3 of the crew, I can remember for sure Spock and Kirk but I'm not sure of the others. I think I had Scotty too.

My favorite book would actually be a series of books:

title_chronicles.gif

aslan_slice.jpg

By C.S. Lewis

http://www.narnia.com/

Stardate:213803.1

Favorite tv show is Star Trek and Quantum Leap.

Favorite book would probably have to be anything by Terry Brooks

Wel,I hated televised sports as a kid,and didn't really get into sports of any kind until I was around twelve or thirteen....

for TV I would say,Hmm,...probably Gomer Pyle,USMC or Twilight Zone.

Book....that's a tough one,you couldn't hardly get me to read as a kid,either....

the ony things I remember reading regularly were comic books,so I'll say either Superman,or Jimmy Olson:Superman's Pal!I read both,as well as Lois Lane,SuperBoy,Legion of SuperHeroes,and various Disney comics.

As a child I was very much into the TV series "The Lone Ranger."..........I am really telling my age here. :blink: Probably my favorite books as a child were the story of Alice In Wonderland and The Night Before Christmas.