Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Who were the First Americans?

I am of the opinion that the America's were never at any point barren of people.I believe that there were always some humans in the America's.This is not to say that Asians and polynesians did not arrive and settle the America's as well.I think they did.But,this theory that the America's were devoid of people until the Asians and Pacific Islanders arrived is absurd,to me.And,no,I cannot back my opinion with any studies or proof of any kind.Its just a feeling.One that I trust.

Since we are finding similar dinosaur remains in the Americas as we are in Europe, Asia and Africa, it stands to reason that humans found their way here, as well. don't forget, there was once a land bridge between the African and South American continents at one time. Continental drift set them apart to their present locations.

One other thing to remember is that this Country wasn't called America until after the pilgrims landed. So, in all fairness, we (or our ancestors) could be called the first Americans; but, we can't be called the first humans.

Who were the first Americans?

Dinosaurs?

:lol:

Close,kid.The first Americans were....

flint.jpg

The native American were the first true Americans. The lived on the land drank from the river. In fact every country was actually connected to eachother. How they got there the walked arcoss. For thos who don't have a clue about the world. Here is a low down, I will use Europe main land compared to England and Ireland. The two country England and Ireland used to be connected and England used to be part of Holland. The American Indians were there for about eight hundred years, before Christopher clumbius even set sailed in search for for todays known as the Bahamas. Banana, learn history and love your country you have to fight for it one day. Peewee the Flinstone are not even real, what age are you? Did anyone here ever learn history of the thing you live on?

The native American were the first true Americans.

Based on the evidence I am aware of, I have to disagree with you regarding that issue. There is scientific evidence of other inhabitants on the American continent before the people referred to as either Native American or American Indian.

But some groups are lobbying to keep that evidence from becoming public. That was the point of my post and that is the part that disturbs me. I think we all lose when truth is held hostage to political motives. However, I have read of other evidence that has recently surfaced to suggest even another earlier inhabitant.

And, here is one thing truly fascinating. There is evidence that ancient Egypt had trade contact with South America. They found cocaine in mummies that they studied (and ruled out any other possible explanations for the presence of cocaine)

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I heard about the links between ancient north Africa and the America's back in the 70's on an episode of "In Search of" with Leonard Nimoy.In fact,a group of researchers built a ship using ancient Egyptian materials and construction methods and attempted to sail from the mediterranean sea to the coast of Brazil....they almost made it.Their vessel broke up at sea about 150 miles short of their goal.Yet,they proved their point that such a trip was possible.

I have also heard of research that found evidence of a Chinese presence in California prior to Christopher Columbus' voyage.Several ancient chinese artifacts including stone ship's anchors and bits of jewlery were found along a section of California's coastline.

Its all very fascinating stuff,really.