Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

My computer reset its own password.

I have a new problem. My computer has just reset its own password and now I'm unable to access it. When I go ahead and enter my usual password, a message comes up saying: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.

When I go ahead and click on "Reset password..." another message comes up: This feature requires removable media, such as a floppy disk or USB flash drive. Please insert a floppy disk or connect a USB flash drive, and then try again.

As I insert a USB flash drive (I'm pretty sure my computer doesn't have a floppy disk drive) and reclick Reset password..., a window for Password Reset Wizard appears requiring a password reset disk. Since I have not created a password reset disk, is there a way around this?

I moved your thread to Off Topics hoping more people will see it and be able to offer help if you haven't solved your problem yet.

Check this out: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...word-reset-disk It says you have to be on the user's domain or workgroup, and since I doubt you have a domain created, I would suggest creating a secondary account on your computer with administrative privileges and creating the disk that way. Either that, or go into your boot sequence, make your cd drive boot before your hard drive and throw a Linux disk in the CD ROM drive and use that to reset passwords for your hard drive.