Sign in to follow this  
mr_tinkles

Star Wars DVD's

Does anybody know when Lucasfilms/MGM plan to release Star Wars (A New Hope,The Empire Strikes Back,and Return of the Jedi) on DVD?I've looked high and low,and have yet to spot these films.I can find tons of the new movies,but not the three originals.Its driving me nuts! :clap: A friend of my brother,swears he saw a boxed set of these films on DVD at a local comic book store,but the guy that owns the place doesn't know what the kid was talking about.(the strangest thing was,I saw some sort of boxed something-or-other,wayyy in the back with Star Wars logo and drawings from those 3 films on it).The guy became annoyed when I asked about it.Don't know why,so i just left.

Lucasfilm does plan on releasing episodes IV - VI on DVD one day but it won't be until some time after episode 3 is finished and out on DVD before any action is taken. Rick McCullum(sp?) has said that nothing will be done until George Lucas has the time to devote to the project.

A few years ago they had released the special box set of special edition videos which is probably what you are remembering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41575

They aren't from Lucas films but they are DVDs and they are DVD quality (burned from laser disc). I can't speak for this seller and I'm not endorsing this auction, just pointing it out.

EEK!!! Bootlegs!!! :)

:clap:

But Ya, What Takara Said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41575

They aren't from Lucas films but they are DVDs and they are DVD quality (burned from laser disc). I can't speak for this seller and I'm not endorsing this auction, just pointing it out.

EEK!!! Bootlegs!!! :)

:clap:

But Ya, What Takara Said...

They are at that, yes.