I don't believe I had ever watched an episode of Becker before today. I just happened to catch one of the first episodes from 1998 this evening and my initial thought is "This is the crap that Terry Ferrell left Deep Space Nine for?!?"

I suppose people liked the show, it lasted from 1998 to 2004 so it had success but leaving a good show like DS9 for THAT?

I've never seen it either, but I have to believe that it all boiled down to money. I also can't help but think that she may have regretted the decision later. I really wish she had stayed with DS9 for the final season. I don't have anything against Ezri Dax, but imo there were too many Ezri-centric episodes.

I love Becker, so I wouldn't consider it crap.

It's all about the money, she eventually left Becker for money reasons as well

Edited by Stephen of Borg

I love Becker, so I wouldn't consider it crap.

It's all about the money, she eventually left Becker for money reasons as well

Maybe it got better after the first few episodes then, the one I watched was the 6th episode aired (I looked it up) and I didn't laugh at a single 'joke' in it. I couldn't imagine sitting through many more episodes.

As for it being about money, I don't know. I think she said that a lot of it (leaving DS9) had to do with the work load of a 1 hour show and having no life outside of work.

To me, it just seems like going from working as a top manager in a major industry to working as a cashier in McDonald's. Nothing wrong with being a cashier at McDonald's, but it's a major step down. I really hope she got a major raise to go from DS9 to Becker though.

Never watched Becker.

To me, Ted Danson will always be Sam Malone in Cheers.

Someday, if nothing else is on I may give it a try.