Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009

Link

Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009 (Introduced in Senate)

S 1435 IS

111th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 1435

To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit human-animal hybrids.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

July 9, 2009

Mr. BROWNBACK (for himself, Ms. LANDRIEU, Mr. BUNNING, Mr. BURR, Mr. CHAMBLISS, Mr. COBURN, Mr. CORKER, Mr. CORNYN, Mr. ENSIGN, Mr. GRAHAM, Mr. INHOFE, Mr. JOHANNS, Mr. KYL, Mr. MARTINEZ, Mr. MCCAIN, Mr. RISCH, Mr. THUNE, Mr. VITTER, Mr. VOINOVICH, Mr. WICKER, and Mr. DEMINT) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Any comments?

Coming from the area, and culture that I do, I believe I can understand the concerns of those who framed this particular piece of legislation....but will say, there has been some 'hybridization', if broadly looking at it so, in the form of humans who have had animal organs as temporary or long-term relacement organs...but of course it's not mingling chromosomes, etc....the further science reaches-or is able to-it is important, to at least take careful steps, as humanity goes forward as a race...before stepping off into any particular endeavors, be it cloning-I'd say an easier issue-human-wise-to agree on than animal version...or this issue...