Sign in to follow this  
bevfanK

6 minutes 25 seconds

That is how long you see or hear Dr. Crusher in NEM. (Including her name in the credits)

I know what you're thinking and yes I did sit and time this.. :bow:

See CJP I told you I wasn't kidding.. :bow:

Anyway just thought I'd share that bit of information.

And maybe discuss actors screen time in the movies..

Or you can just laugh at how crazy I am.. :force::bow:

Keep in mind my time is not 100% correct I could be off a little bit.. :clap:

Edited by bevfanK

Stardate:213789.9

Your like not obsessed with Dr.Crusher :bow:

Well if they make another TNG movie maybe she will get more time :bow:

Yeah, that's one problem that series' have on screen. When you have 7 years and almost 200 episodes to work with, you can always work in different characters in different ways over a single two and a half hour stretch. But when you're limited to one really long episode and your trying to emphasize certain things and characters then it's easy for a few characters to get trampled down in their roles.

Yeah but those were good minutes, I mean without her work how would they have figured Shinzon out, with a tricorder?

Yeah! Go Beverly! B)

Thats another thing about Nemisis that I have thought since seeing this thread. Aside from Picard, Data, and alittle bit of Riker and Worf, almost all of the characters are ,mostly, just involved with functional scenes, like Crusher scanning Shinzon's knife or Riker leading a security team to deck 29 or Troi using her telepathic abilities to find the Reman Viceroy.

Thats another thing about Nemisis that I have thought since seeing this thread. Aside from Picard, Data, and alittle bit of Riker and Worf, almost all of the characters are ,mostly, just involved with functional scenes, like Crusher scanning Shinzon's knife or Riker leading a security team to deck 29 or Troi using her telepathic abilities to find the Reman Viceroy.

I thought Troi's role was much more important than that. The scene where Shinzon entered her mind the first time really showed that Shinzon was not what he seemed.

I didn't think Worf had much to do and most of what he did do could have been done by anyone. Michael Dorn almost didn't appear in Nemesis because he didn't like the contract they offered him. If he had not been in it, it would have been very easy to give his lines to someone else.

I wasn't upset about the small role that Bev had. I thought there were many episodes of TNG where things were included in the script just to make sure she would have some screen time.

I totally agree with Commander Ericks' comment. With a large cast I don't think it is possible to have juicy parts for everyone. There just isn't the time and if they did, the plot would be so complicated that you would completely lose the audience.

Only just over six minutes? That's sad. Well, we would have seen more but they cut out the subplot of her leaving the Enterprise for Starfleet medical. I'll have to add that to my reasons for disliking Stuart Baird as director. Don't get me wrong, I love Nemesis, I thought it was a great movie. However, I think it would have been a heck of a lot better if someone like Frakes directed it. Logan wrote a great script and Baird cut out a lot of stuff that was intended for the fans, like Martin Madden. Ok, not for the fans but it worked! It was a fine scene. a little cheezy with the seatbelt but other than that it was fine. Oh well.

I must agree that I don't think Stuart Baird should have had the freedom to cut out as much as he did.. Especially one of the deleted scenes with Data and Picard discussing Riker and Troi leaving and more.. That was a great and very emotional scene, I can't believe they cut it out!