Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

How Would You Rate The Virtuality Premiere?

How Would You Rate The Virtuality Premiere?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating, over-all, would you give to the two-hour premiere of the Virtuality?

• +11
    • Uncertain until more episodes come out.
    • I haven't seen it yet.
    • I don't have Fox/a television/cable.

Modeled (more or less) from my Battlestar Galactica poll I made eons ago (actually four years ago), what rating would you give to Ronald D. Moore's Virtuality?

It will air on Fox tonight at 8 PM EST/PST and 7 PM CST.

Edited by DrWho42

I don't know, I hadn't planned on watching it. I ain't thrilled with the shows premise. Sure, a malfunctioning holodeck made for some fun episodes of Star Trek but it just seems a pretty weak idea.

I understand originality is hard to come by these days but this thing sounds like RM asked; Hey, what if 'HAL' was running the VR recreation room of a space ship? and because of who was pitching it no one dared question how silly it sounded.

I won't vote until I see it, but is it based on another series I should watch first for backstory?
Not at all.

Did anyone watch it last night?

Hehe, if I were on my own I may have...but I was with my fiancee all day yesterday. If FOX decideds to make it available online I'll watch it, though.

Didn't watch it (didn't really appeal to me and I was more interested in the Jays' game and the NHL draft) but for those that are interested, it is now available on line: http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=virtuality

This looks like this will be it, however. Virtuality did very poorly in the ratings.

From TrekMovie:

There’s been talk, however muted, that if "Virtuality" did well enough in its two-hour movie event last night Fox may reconsider a series pickup. Well the numbers are in and you can pretty much squash that possibility. The two-hour movie flopped in the ratings, drawing a miniscule 1.80 million viewers and a 0.5/2 rating/share among adults 18-49 according to preliminary fast affiliate ratings. It finished second-to-last in its time slot and drew just a tenth of a point ahead of The CW’s A18-49 rating for its 8:00-10:00pm lineup (all repeats) and tied ABC’s "The Goode Family" as the lowest-rated original program in the demo last night. In fact, those numbers may be the lowest ever for a Fox program. For comparison purposes, NBC’s premiere of the U.K. import "Merlin" garnered more than 5 million viewers on a Saturday, no less (details in the chart below).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.