Sign in to follow this  
astrogirl

Relionships?

Is there too many relionships forming in enterprise too fst and all the looks* and questionable situations happening i just wondering if they are trying too hard to attreact a new level of views

any ideas guys :bow:

I don't think that there are too many relationships forming.Under the conditions those crewmen are living under,being so far away from home and all,it seems natural that they would seek one another out for companionship and comfort.Its human nature.I'd be surprised if there weren't as many relationships.And,I am a fan of the Trip-T'Pol situation.I'm not sure where it might end up,but it shows that we "rednecks" have a certain charm that even Vulcan women can't resist! :bow:

Trip is a charming devil, isn't he? :bow: Charming enough to melt a suppressed Vulcan heart? We shall see. :bow: I think you'll appreciate this still from the upcoming "Northstar," First redneck in space. I echo your sentiments; it does only seem natural that these people would seek each other out for companionship working for so long in such close quarters. Of course TPTB probably are trying to attract new viewers but it fits in with the story IMHO

240x320.jpg

I don't think there are too many relationships. They've been in space for, well, the show's been on for 2 seasons and still no relationships to speak of. How many adults go 2 years without a relationship of some sort? It's not odd that relationships are formed, it's odd that they aren't. The only people they spend time with are each other, so you'd think there'd be even more time to get to know other crewmates well and build up towards a relationship. I'm not saying I want the show to be about relationships - I think this would detract from the stories. But how can they not get involved with each other?!

Every Star Trek series has had relationships. The question is, what kind of relationships are the producers pursuing? I tend to prefer relationships such as Kirk/Spock, who had a working relationship and mutual admiration and respect. Or Spock/McCoy, who had the mutual admiration and respect but didn't always see eye-to-eye. Then there was Sisko/Jadzia who might have had a latent attraction but put it aside because of their jobs.

I'm sure this is not what you meant by relationships, but you can't throw people together without having relationships of some kind. The problem is, the producers seem to want to develop only one kind of relationship. I would like to see more deep friendships and mutual admiration relationships develop (and I really think that's starting to happen).

Though I'm enjoying Trip/T'Pol, the best relationship on board has been Trip and Malcolm from my perspective, their little "moments" and all, with Trip and Archer a close second. The Trip/Malcolm interactions were my favorite in "The Expanse" (Malcolm showed real restraint and understanding by not responding in kind when Trip blew up at him in the corridor) and "The Xindi."

Though I'm enjoying Trip/T'Pol, the best relationship on board has been Trip and Malcolm from my perspective, their little "moments" and all, with Trip and Archer a close second.    The Trip/Malcolm interactions were my favorite in "The Expanse" (Malcolm showed real restraint and understanding by not responding in kind when Trip blew up at him in the corridor) and "The Xindi."

Yes, to one extent I would imply that Trip is one of the most developed characters in the show. It has come through in his friendships with Archer and Malcom. We need another "Shuttlepod I" type episode in the story arc or another "Congenitor." I wish they would develop Malcom and Travis a bit more.

As for relationships on the show, it would be no fun to watch Enterprise if the crew did not start, develop, or end relationships amongst one another. As for the "love connection" floating around the ship...i think the "sexy appeal" of the show is foreshadowing something to come.