Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Why can't I find the Star Trek XI sound track?

Well... why? I've tried Target, Wal*Mart, Best Buy... I even found a little label for it at Best Buy but there were no CDs. I asked a clerk and he checked, but told me he didn't think they were out yet. But I checked Amazon and they have them.

Are they just so popular that they're flying off the shelves? I'd rather not have to order online and pay for shipping. This is very distressing.

I bought mine at the Barnes and Noble Booksellers in my hometown for arond 17.95 or so. Love Michael's treatment of the Alexander courage theme!! I felt like I was transported back to the sixties when I listened to it...and there is plenty of good action-music therein, as well. The main title is different, but that's natural, it's not the sweeping, energetic Jerry-Goldsmith-style theme(a wonderful one, as with my beloved Voyager, which he did), but it's grown on me, and is stuck now in my head like the others. It sounded AWESOME to hear, in a certain 1701 appearance scene in the film..oh yeah!! I reserved a copy before the film actually came out; they were able to hold it for me for at least two weeks-and why listen to it before, and take away from the experience maybe, anyway? Maybe your local bookseller chain can get you a copy if they have a music department, or reserve one with the next shipment...? Just a thought, EB...GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Voyager recruit

Oh, man, this worked! Thank you! I don't know how long it would have taken me to have thought to go to a book store. Heh.

Went to Border's during lunch and there it was. I was also able to pick up a copy of Star Trek: Countdown, so I was a happy clam. Put the CD in my car, skipped immediately to the last track (because that's what has been really bugging me and in my head for the past few weeks) and grinned like a stupid idiot the whole way back to work. First time that's ever happened. Listening to it now.

Thanks!

You are VERY WELCOME!! Glad I could help! See, didn't I tell you, that Giaccino's take on Courage was great!? Got to play mine again, real soon. Seeya around the boards! VR.