Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Avengers Vs JLA

( Before I start, Mod's feel free to move this as I was unsure where to put it)

Are there any fellow comic book lovers out there who have picked up JLA vs Avengers part one? Thoughts? I freakin loved it and would welcome any discussion.

:)

pic_lrgjlaavengers4cvr.jpg

I read a few comics,mostly DC (and there is where my alliegence lies).I haven't bought JLA-Avengers,as I am not a fan of such crossover series'.But I don't think the Avengers would stand a chance.Superman can overpower Thor,Batman's brains and training are more than a match for Captain America,and Wonder Woman could kick Ironman's armor-plated butt.Then the JLA has Flash and Green Lantern in reserve.

The comics I subscribe to are all the Superman titles,all the Batman titles,Flash,Green Lantern,and Wonder Woman (a few books B) ),and of course, JLA.

Well, I welcome your opinon and see your points. I pledge alligeance to The Avengers, but am guilty of posessing several JLA mags. I've been waiting for 6 years for this match-up and don't see the end being as you've predicted. Just because you're favourite team seems more powerful dosen't mean they wont be overcome. I will try and keep you updated tho Sub.Beavis.

I have not read this set of crossover comics but I did read the DC VS Marvel when they had to fight aginst eachother. I thought that one was great as you could goto your local comic book store and vote who will when a fight.

Edited by fredbroca

Here is the an update on Avengers vs JLA # 2 ;

Click for Spoiler:

The two teams are out and about looking for artifacts in order to stop one universe from being destroyed. Lots of very cool shots, such as Bats and Cap going toe to toe but without any real fighting and then only to run off together to the batcave. Supes makes Thor his son only to get trampled by the rest of the 'Vengers. All artifacts get collected at the end of the book and we see one of the two cosmic beings resposible for this whole crossover betray the other and conjure Galactus and actually start kicking his butt! Very cool twist at the end that has the all the heros and the universe spin out of existence.

Well written an drawn. definitely been worth the 15 year wait. Looking foward now to where the two teams actually team up instead of just mandatory team fighting.

I've been colecting this book as well and it's a wet dream for me. This book rocks! Kurt Busiek and George Perez are at the top of their game. Also I'm glad my boy Iron Man isn't getting the short end of the stick in most of the confrontation. He has a nasty way of being pulped in these crossovers (ie: Infinity Gauntlet where he was decapitated, Secret Wars (Jim Rhodes) where he just didn't do much, Contest of the Champions II: gotta clobbered by X-force...I hate that team, Marvel vs Dc (Where he appeared but it basically only posed for a panel and that's it.) I'm glad Shellhead is getting some punches in Avengers JLA (remember no vs. it's a crossover not deathmatch 2000 as busiek mentioned.)

Edited by cyphrx