Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

final ratings news for "Impluse"

....the overnight ratings, which indicated a drop of one tenth. ENT did drop a tenth in the major markets which are counted in the overnights. However, the final ratings tally all the markets big and small and according the the infuriating Marc Berman at Mediaweek who loathes ENT, the percentages went up a tenth. Overnights record millions of viewers while finals record percentages of households; that's how an overnight can be 3.9/6 while the final rating is 2.8/4.

.....Earning a 2.8/4, "Impulse" crept slightly on top of "Rajiin"'s 2.7/4 to claim the season three title and, again, the highest household rating for the series since February. This figure means that 2.8% of American television households were watching ENTERPRISE this week, while this amounted to 4% of the television households with the tube on at the time.

In demographic numbers, "Impulse" marginally declined from last week's 2.0/6 to a 1.9/6. In viewership, the show lost a couple hundred thousand audience members since the prior episode, coming in at 4.17 million viewers vs. "Rajiin"'s 4.52 million. "Impulse" again came in sixth place in its timeslot, with the WB's SMALLVILLE taking the #5 spot (4.4/7, 6.74 million).

Marc Berman, however, says despite this steadiness in the face of baseball playoffs and competitor SMALLVILLE, the ratings picture for ENTERPRISE is potentially gloomy.

"Springing a ratings leak in the Wednesday 8 p.m. hour with STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE is one additional problem UPN did not need," Berman remarks. "Early into season three, it doesn't look like ENTERPRISE has the typical seven-year life span." Berman rated the TREK's performance a C and lead-out JAKE 2.0 an F (1.8/3, 2.65 million).

Steve Krutzler, editor of Trekweb, had issues with Berman's pronouncement that ENT has sprung a leak in the 8 o'clock hour. He's right. Its ratings aren't stellar, but against the FOX playoffs which took top spot for the hour and siphoned ratings from every program in the timeslot and against the "mighty" Smallville, ENT has done exactly the opposite and keep in mind that the official numbers record only the 80 percent of markets that carry UPN. The preemptions for periphery playoff coverage that happened in UPN markets on Wednesday--some of my friends were preempted, yes--probably account for the slightly lower viewer numbers. The ratings are steady and the percentages have improved. Even basher extraordinaire M. Berman had to concede that. It isn't great but it's not the disaster that was predicted.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I personally hate the rating system, in my opinion the system is flawed and it doesn't really give a true percentage of how many people watch Enterprise.

DOWN WITH M. BERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he or anyone takes off my shows, ENT, AND JAKE 2.0 THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i greatly enjoy both shows. and i want the typical seven year run with ENT. maybe, no definately if it wasnt on UPN it would be a strong runner in the "RATINGS". DOWN WITH THE RATINGS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!